The Student Room Group

Fat, Curvy or Skinny?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nice thread OP :smile:
By the way, Whitney Thompson (the size 12 above) is actually a US size 12 = a UK size 16. But she's hot, nonetheless.
Size 0? She hardly looks amazing. She kind of looks like she might be a 7 year old in big girl clothes actually... :\

The size 12 girl clearly takes 1st here.
Reply 23
George23
I've seen that size 18 + model before on a tv program....walking with dinosaurs i think it was.

:rofl: :congrats:
George23
I've seen that size 18 + model before on a tv program....walking with dinosaurs i think it was.

:rofl2:

I liked 6, 8 (kinda), 10, and 16 (she was pretty).

:flutter:
Reply 25
If I recall correctly crystal renn is a 14 and bloody gorgeous. I think you've got her down as a 16

Yeaaaaaaah
U Go Girl
X
Reply 27
Christina hendricks is another amazing size 14

The size 8 one lookes more like a 10. Size 16 looks like a 14.

I go for size 10
Reply 29
what I will say is airbrushing isn't just about making people look thinner but also making them look bigger when a photo looks unhealthy. What you see isn't real.

I'm 5 ft 10 and used to be very thin. I look back now and I looked ill (I assure you Ive always eaten lots!). Uni and age has made me put on weight and for the first time at a size 14 I am now finally classed as a healthy bmi. So when you see size 14 "plus" models this isn't an unhealthy weight for their height whereas a size 14 very short person may be classed as overweight.

We've just been programmed into thinking that extremely underweight girls are what's beautiful and anything bigger is overweight and it will take a lot to make us change our perceptions of that. Normal height girls can frame wise look close to it and be healthy but what we're seeing is images of girls who are 5'9 - 5'11 with dangerously low bmi scores and accepting them as the norm, so when you put a picture of a healthy sized woman of the same height,like crystal renn, next to her you see an overweight/unhealthy person because that's what your mind is programmed to see now

If you're interested there's pictures of her when she had her eating disorder and was 95lb and after on here
http://www.stylelist.com/2009/08/24/exclusive-plus-size-model-crystal-renn-talks-to-stylelist-about/
Reply 30
The size 10 is definitely my fav. Giggity ****** goo.
Size 6 is my fav, but size 10 looks very sexy :wink:
Reply 32
I presume these are in American sizes? For me, beyond size 14 is getting a bit gross, and the size 0 is a bit skinny..
Reply 33
14 up is too fat from the pictures you posted. Last one is just horrific.
Reply 34
Thanks for mkaing people mnore self concious
Reply 35
Loving the boots on the Size 14 girl.
Lolz.
Reply 36
I still think crvy wins....like size 6/8 :king1:
Reply 37
The size 12 model is gorgeous. As others have already mentioned, some of them look larger than the size they are. The size 18 model is just :eek:
natalie cassidy =/= size 8!!
Reply 39
I normally go for either the 0-6 types. I'd consider an 8 if her personality was great. A killer personality and I might go up to a 10.

No way would I do the 14's and above. Prob wouldn't go for a 12 either. The 12 in your pic has a really pretty face, is airbrushed, photographed from the most flattering angle.

Quick Reply

Latest