The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would still have a chat to them, just to be sure.

SAM
mysqa
I would still have a chat to them, just to be sure.

SAM

Is there a deadline for registering for exams?
This is a silly question but I was arguing with my younger brother about it:
He may be dyslexic but doesn't want to do a test to find out because he doesn't want to have extra time because he thinks it will be on his exam certificates so decreasing the value of his exam grades to employers (despite the fact that this would be illegal, I think), so basically if you have extra time is it written on your certificate?

Thanks,
Stupid, stubborn brother lol!
TheRabbit
so basically if you have extra time is it written on your certificate?

It definitely isn't. :smile: And whilst it being written on them wouldn't be illegal (as far as I know), it would be illegal for employers to discriminate against him for it.
TheUnbeliever
It definitely isn't. :smile: And whilst it being written on them wouldn't be illegal (as far as I know), it would be illegal for employers to discriminate against him for it.

Yeah thanks, that's what I meant. I bet it will turn out he's not dyslexic but just a slow reader now, my Mum thinks the school should of picked up on it if it was problem but I don't know how they would - he's quite shy so won't explain to the teacher that he was rushed due to the reading.
Rabbit

Reassure your brother that the fact that he has had extra time in the exam will not show on his certificate. The point of assessment arrangements is to ensure that all candidates have an equal opportunity to show that they can achieve the national standards required for units, exams and courses. So if he genuinely needs extra time or any other assessment arrangement he should speak to his school about it.

SAM
MySQA will be unavailable from 2pm until 5pm on Friday 15 January to allow us to carry out essential maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes you.

SAM
Good luck with the prelims, people.

SAM
Reply 28
mysqa
Good luck with the prelims, people.

SAM

Reply 29
bex285

The perfect andidote to exam blues is Princess and the Frog- what a great feel good movie :yep: I watched it online :teehee:
Reply 30
JAZZA007
The perfect andidote to exam blues is Princess and the Frog- what a great feel good movie :yep: I watched it online :teehee:

Anastasia or The Little Mermaid are better. Oh and Hercules :biggrin:
Reply 31
mysqa

Would it be possible for the 'MySQA' Profile to be accessible on results day? Also, is there anyway you could hack it and give me AAAA? :beard:
Reply 32
Oh god, here we go again...
LuhLah

Just realised I didn't get back to you. Online access is not available on results day because we need to close the site down to update it, so I'm afraid it's just text or email.

SAM
Reply 34
mysqa

Hey Sam. :smile:

How's life?
Hey Laura

Tip top. How are you? Working hard I hope.

SAM
Reply 36
mysqa
Hey Laura

Tip top. How are you? Working hard I hope.

SAM

I'm good thanks!

What's your helpful hints for doing well in the exams?

Got any sneak previews of the 2010 papers? :puppyeyes:

You know I'm always working my sockies off to impress you.

Laura xx
Reply 37
mysqa
LuhLah

Just realised I didn't get back to you. Online access is not available on results day because we need to close the site down to update it, so I'm afraid it's just text or email.

Okies :smile:
Laura

Helpful hints - try to understand, rather than just learn. Sneak previews - that would be telling. Sockies - I hope you change them regularly.

SAM :smile:
Reply 39
mysqa
Laura

Helpful hints - try to understand, rather than just learn. Sneak previews - that would be telling. Sockies - I hope you change them regularly.

SAM :smile:

We are best friends now... yes? :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending