The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
tbh i dont think any of the universities have a clue how they should be making offers regarding access course applicants.

These are 2 of my offers so far

Queen Mary - Conditional - Obtain 75 credits at level 3

Goldsmiths University - Conditional - Obtain merit in all maths modules

So clearly there is no solid rule in place as to only 60 credits allowed or not giving offers that include merits and distinctions.

I believe we are the "guinea pig" year and will be used as an experiment to solidify the rules for the next year
Reply 21
Steveuk39
tbh i dont think any of the universities have a clue how they should be making offers regarding access course applicants.

These are 2 of my offers so far

Queen Mary - Conditional - Obtain 75 credits at level 3

Goldsmiths University - Conditional - Obtain merit in all maths modules

So clearly there is no solid rule in place as to only 60 credits allowed or not giving offers that include merits and distinctions.

I believe we are the "guinea pig" year and will be used as an experiment to solidify the rules for the next year

Wow. Your Queen Mary offer is a bit crazy! I wonder why they dont just ask for merits. Ive applied to Warwick and when i checked on the website they say that if your are coming from an access course they would like, i think about, 60 something level 3 creds. Will be interesting if they do give me an offer, and with what conditions. Not getting any hope up with getting an offer there tho. Congratz btw!
Reply 22
A few people on my course who are applying for nursing have been told they must get either merits or distinction in all their Biology modules by one particular university. Which is a bummer as none of us have so far! :frown: it's definitely the hardest/strictest subject to get a decent grade in. I have one merit, one distinction and one pass in Biology.
I heard our college are contacting the university to plead their case and get them to lower the offer requirement, otherwise no one from our college will get in to that particular university.

It's definitely a bit of a shambles with regards to the grading system, we picked a bad year to start the access course!
60 at my college

Latest

Trending

Trending