The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I do not believe in the existence of a higher being, therefore being a member of any religion would be pretty pointless.
Reply 81
JD28
Im going to heaven :cool: even though not being muslim :wink:

No you're not. :lolwut:
i'm catholic - i believe what i believe - leave me alone :p:
Reply 83
Ayostunner
i was brought up as a christian

Have u never researched?
Moe Lester
Yes, I was friends with a girl who was atheist but didn't dare tell anyone in her community due to the consequences. Also she didn't want to wear a headscarf but did so out of parental and religious pressure.

Do you know how to read?
Reply 85
Lollyage
I like the freedom Hinduism gives, and the fact that there are no rules you must live by.

:ditto:
Abhead
I think the idea of allah (or of any god) is totally implausible and that religion in general is backward and maintains unfair social norms.

this sums up my feelings
Laziness.

Well actually I'd be quite happy to convert, I have more admiration for what Islam sought to achieve, than that which Christianity sought.

BUUUT I don't particularly believe in God.
Reply 88
im sikh
Reply 89
booraad
I'm so annoyed the mods integrated my other thread asking Muslims to give one reason why all humans should practise Islam with this one!!!!!

I wanted to keep them separate to see both sides clearly.

Why did you quote me? :confused:
Reply 90
oppression of women
Reply 91
Its the biggest load of **** I've ever heard, as a religion and a way of life it offends me and shocks me to my very core that people are stupid enough to follow it and devote their lives to it as a religion.

Good enough?
My lack of a belief in a God.
Reply 93
jack daniel's
Probably if I believed not in God.
I find it really sexist, in a bad way.
Reply 96
The fact that I'm athiest?
Reply 97
Ibaad'Allaah
A matter of subjectivity. I can confidently say that you have not met a practicing Muslimah in your life and listened to her viewpoint.

Actually I have been friends with a muslim girl at school and we have family firends who are Muslim too. The family were moderate by Muslim standards: the girls did not go veiled or have to entirely cover themselves up. But still, they were not allowed to eat with their Dad (he ate alone despite being the only male in the house) or have boyfriends, and they went to an all-girls school. They were brought up as 'good Muslim girls' in the words of their mother (a convert): she wanted them to be like her and get married young and have children, and there was little mention of the idea of university. The eldest one is now studying at uni, but commutes from home. They were nice peope but it is a bit weird that in all the years we were close, I never once saw or was allowed to speak to their father.
As for my friend, she was not allowed to speak to men for the most part (she only had sisters) or go out unnaccompainied with friends at the age of maybe 14. She accepted it but being so isolated I doubt she ever really saw anything else. She was quite wild at school, the only time she was really 'free' from being so controlled. In the end, she left my Catholic school to go to a muslim all-girls insititution a 30 minute train ride away. I saw her when she was about 16, and she was going back to Pakistan (where she was from) to be married off. Really sad, actually.
My lack of genuine spiritual enthusiasm for it.
For the past 2 years, I've been really interested in Judaism, and I might convert to that in the future.
maxfire
Just by looking at the violence that has ensued it is enough reason for me.

This and I'm not interested in religion.

Your signature confuses me slightly.

Latest

Trending

Trending