The Student Room Group

Swansea GEM Applicants

Hi.
Doesn't seem to be a thread for the uni so thought I'd create one.
Has anyone applied here?
Anyone got an interview?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey Ive applied, and got an interview - received the letter two days ago :smile:
Anyone else?
Reply 2
Joy :)
Hey Ive applied, and got an interview - received the letter two days ago :smile:
Anyone else?

Excellent. What day is your interview?
Do you have any idea on the structure of it?
Hi, yeah, I've got an interview on the 4th of Feb :yy:
Reply 4
icantthinkofacoolusername
Hi, yeah, I've got an interview on the 4th of Feb :yy:

Cool :smile: mines on the 26th Jan :s-smilie: :biggrin:
Reply 5
mines the 9th Feb!
I really dont know what the structure of the interview is!
Does anyone else?
How did you find the gamsat?
Reply 6
mines the 9th Feb!
I really dont know what the structure of the interview is!
Does anyone else?
How did you find the gamsat?

I found the GAMSAT a little difficult to be honest. It wasn't really the science section but the other two. I'm glad that Swansea look at more than just that exam :smile: How about you?
Reply 7
Im rubbish at physics, so the third section really worried me, but it was only 20%.
Whats your degree in?
Are you nervous for your interview? Been to swansea before?
Reply 8
Im rubbish at physics, so the third section really worried me, but it was only 20%.
Whats your degree in?
Are you nervous for your interview? Been to swansea before?

Yes the physics questions were interesting :s-smilie:
I've got a degree in Forensic Science from UWE plus I may have an MSc as well, how about you?
I'm quite nervous tbh as Swansea is my preferred uni just as it's the GEM program. I've never been to Swansea before. The closest I've been is the Brecon Beacons. How about you?
I'm travelling from Kent and staying over in the city. Have you got far to travel?
Reply 9
My degree is (Bsc Hons) Medical Sciences from Glamorgan (near Cardiff). Swansea is actually my home town and its my only GEM choice. Swansea is lovely though and the course looks amazing! It will only take me 45 mins to get from uni to swansea and im starting to get excited for interviews.
Where else are you applying?
Reply 10
My degree is (Bsc Hons) Medical Sciences from Glamorgan (near Cardiff). Swansea is actually my home town and its my only GEM choice. Swansea is lovely though and the course looks amazing! It will only take me 45 mins to get from uni to swansea and im starting to get excited for interviews.
Where else are you applying?

Sorry Just seen your signature. How did your interview at HYMS go?
Reply 11
Sorry Just seen your signature. How did your interview at HYMS go?

Cool. Nice and local then? I've looked at a few photos of the uni and the town, it looks lovely. Right by the sea too :biggrin:
I think the interview went ok. It was really hard to tell as the interviewers didn't give much away.
Where else have you applied?
I've applied to:
HYMS
Swansea
Southampton 5 year
and I've been rejected by St.Georges.
Reply 12
Beula24
Cool. Nice and local then? I've looked at a few photos of the uni and the town, it looks lovely. Right by the sea too :biggrin:
I think the interview went ok. It was really hard to tell as the interviewers didn't give much away.
Where else have you applied?
I've applied to:
HYMS
Swansea
Southampton 5 year
and I've been rejected by St.Georges.

Yes, its right opposite swansea bay :smile:

Ive applied to Cardiff, Queens belfast and Glasgow as well as Swansea.

Was rejected by Glasgow :frown: (though they did admit that they had changed the ukcat boundary) but have interviews for the others.

Cardiff's interview tomorrow (:eek3: ). I'm lucky that i spend two days a week in cardif uni anyway with the med students, (through my course :yep: ) where we do dissection, but am still very nervous!

When do you think you will hear from HYMS?
Reply 13
Yes, its right opposite swansea bay :smile:

Ive applied to Cardiff, Queens belfast and Glasgow as well as Swansea.

Was rejected by Glasgow :frown: (though they did admit that they had changed the ukcat boundary) but have interviews for the others.

Cardiff's interview tomorrow (:eek3: ). I'm lucky that i spend two days a week in cardif uni anyway with the med students, (through my course :yep: ) where we do dissection, but am still very nervous!

When do you think you will hear from HYMS?

Well done on the interviews :smile:
I hope to hear by the end of Jan/beginning of Feb *fingers crossed*
Reply 14
Beula24
Well done on the interviews :smile:
I hope to hear by the end of Jan/beginning of Feb *fingers crossed*

Good luck, Im sure you'll get good news
Reply 15
Good luck, Im sure you'll get good news

Reply 16
Got an interview on 5th Feb - yay!!!! Sooo glad they've given us quite a bit of notice so I can sort it with work and swot up on my medical issues etc etc.

Do any of you know how long it takes to get to Swansea from Cardiff by train? Also, is the uni and easy walk from town? I was thinking of arriving early and having a little explore seeing as we don't need to be there until 11-ish. Never been to Swansea in my life so should be an adventure! Good luck gals! =]
Reply 17
omlette
Got an interview on 5th Feb - yay!!!! Sooo glad they've given us quite a bit of notice so I can sort it with work and swot up on my medical issues etc etc.

Do any of you know how long it takes to get to Swansea from Cardiff by train? Also, is the uni and easy walk from town? I was thinking of arriving early and having a little explore seeing as we don't need to be there until 11-ish. Never been to Swansea in my life so should be an adventure! Good luck gals! =]

Congrats on the interview :smile:
I'm travelling from Kent which looks like it's going to take forever :rolleyes: I'm staying over the night before. Are you arriving on the day?
It's about an hour from Cardiff to swansea on the train. You can walk to the university but it's a fair way from town, and then the station's on the other side of town - I'd maybe walk through town and then catch a bus to the university.
Reply 19
Beula24
Congrats on the interview :smile:
I'm travelling from Kent which looks like it's going to take forever :rolleyes: I'm staying over the night before. Are you arriving on the day?

Yeh I'm arriving on the day, seeing as apparently it only takes an hour to get there by train. :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending