The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Are Exeter starting a Japanese degree?

So I'm in year 12...starting to think a bit about uni, I've always liked the sound of Exeter so I was browsing their website jut now. I want to do French and maybe combine it with another subject too, so I was looking on their flexible combined honours page to see what options that gave you.
http://www.exeter.ac.uk/fch/second-year-programme/french.php
Now if you look on that page there it says down teh side that one of the options is Japanese (details forthcoming)
Does this mean they're going to start offering a Japanese degree? Can't find much else on the internet...but if anyone "on the inside" knows anything then let me know. I tell you, that would make my day :smile:
Reply 1
I don't know about a straight Japanese degree sorry, but I do know several people who learn Japanese as extra credit modules, you can read a bit about it here: http://www.sall.ex.ac.uk/flc/content/view/1145/515/

I hope this helps a bit! I can ask at the Japanese Society for you if you like, as some of them might have an idea.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Peanut42
I don't know about a straight Japanese degree sorry, but I do know several people who learn Japanese as extra credit modules, you can read a bit about it here: http://www.sall.ex.ac.uk/flc/content/view/1145/515/

I hope this helps a bit! I can ask at the Japanese Society for you if you like, as some of them might have an idea.

Thanks very much for that - the thing is, I am already studying A Level Japanese at school (probs should have mentioned that before...) so depending on the level of the Advanced level it might not actually be that useful to me.
If you didn't mind asking that would be really appreciated but please dont put yourself to any trouble :smile:
Reply 3
mandolin cookie
Thanks very much for that - the thing is, I am already studying A Level Japanese at school (probs should have mentioned that before...) so depending on the level of the Advanced level it might not actually be that useful to me.
If you didn't mind asking that would be really appreciated but please dont put yourself to any trouble :smile:

Hm in that case I don't really know! I think your best bet would be to email and ask.

Umm I probably won't see any of them for about a fortnight now, so I would go ahead and email first to get some more info.
Peanut42
Hm in that case I don't really know! I think your best bet would be to email and ask.

Umm I probably won't see any of them for about a fortnight now, so I would go ahead and email first to get some more info.

Thanks very much, I will :smile:
Peanut42

And just out of interest, what's teh japanese society like? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending