The Student Room Group

16-19 Bursary/EMA Questions Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
OMG!!!!!! I actually got through this morning!!!

They said that they have recieved my application and confirmation will be with me in 3 weeks.......3 bloody weeks.....thats rediculas! They did say that they would backdate all payments i miss but its not really the point.....3 weeks!!!!! What about the contracts? Do they come with the confirmation?
Reply 1081
I sent of for my EMA with my parents credit forms at the start of the holidays, about 5 weeks ago, and I still haven't received anything. I can't even get through to them on the phone. Is anyone else in the same position as I?
Reply 1082
Junker
I sent of for my EMA with my parents credit forms at the start of the holidays, about 5 weeks ago, and I still haven't received anything. I can't even get through to them on the phone. Is anyone else in the same position as I?

About 150,000 people. See http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/education/2669210/Up-to-150000-teenagers-face-college-grant-delay.html?mobile=true

See also the attached which are the views of someone who says he is currently working in the EMA office. http://www.vote-2007.co.uk/index.php?topic=2327.0. Doesn't fill me with confidence.
Reply 1083
Hi, all those people who still have not recieved there EMA NoE (notice of entitlement) form will still recieve ALL the money that they have missed why it is being processed by the private firm who have now been placed with a massive back log. The school/college will have timesheet forms for you to fill in, or something similer, and when your notice of entitlement comes, all the payments can be made into your bank account right away.
It is a pain that 50% of people are now going to be without money to buy all the equiptment and books that are needed, and alot of people are having to now result to asking the parents/gaudian to lend money to them until there EMA comes to pay them back. They have now predicted that some people may be waiting up until late october, possible even longer if it continues the way that its going.
Luckly for me when I did send my EMA form which was the very end of May, my NoE came back to me within around 3 weeks at the most, so the backlogs must of built up around the end of June. Some councils are now giving emergency loans to people that want them so that the money can be given back when the backlog is finally sorted, although the majority of councils havn't agreed to it. Rest ashored that you shall all recieve your money you miss no matter how long you are waiting.
The college that i'm going to be attending has today sent me a letter about this back log that EMA private company have caused and how they are saving all timesheets until your NoE arrive to make sure you recieve the money right away as soon as your NoE finally arrives.
Just wondering, how do all of your schools systems work for EMA collecting? At my school we have yellow cards that we have to get signed by our subject teachers at the end of every week. Is that the same for everyone else?
I received another NoE today... umm I already have had it signed by school and everything, but they sent another! What is going on??? Do i ignore this one?
Poshtotty
Just wondering, how do all of your schools systems work for EMA collecting? At my school we have yellow cards that we have to get signed by our subject teachers at the end of every week. Is that the same for everyone else?

We have electronic registers taken every lesson, so all that data is sent to the office and then they decide whether we should get it that week. But often, there will be discrepancies, so we won't get it till the week after.
becky.fm
We have electronic registers taken every lesson, so all that data is sent to the office and then they decide whether we should get it that week. But often, there will be discrepancies, so we won't get it till the week after.

Our school has electronic registers too but they insist that we have our subject teachers sign to say that we have been there all week. It makes life 10 times more difficult especially when we're all traipsing up and down the school in search for teachers.
We have a swipe card system, we swipe in in the morning and at lunch, and also our teachers mark us in on their register to say we were actually there, to prevent us giving our card to someone else to swipe for us lol :p:
Redpanda91
We have a swipe card system, we swipe in in the morning and at lunch, and also our teachers mark us in on their register to say we were actually there, to prevent us giving our card to someone else to swipe for us lol :p:

That's a good idea too. Having to constantly get teachers to sign my card is so much hassle. I actually thought that the entire country did it the same way and that the EMA company provided the cards.
Still no EMA NoE. Got my other letter a couple of weeks ago, hopefully I'll get it this week/next week:ninja:
Reply 1091
no NOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does anyone else have a NoE without a reference number?
Priyanka1992
Does anyone else have a NoE without a reference number?

Yeah, the ema woman said that it doesn't matter, they'll be able to sort it out if you hand it in :groovy:
I have had 2 NoEs... do I ignore the 2nd one? :s-smilie:
Reply 1095
who hasn't got their NOE yet? i haven't and i am soo worried!
c0nfus3d
who hasn't got their NOE yet? i haven't and i am soo worried!

I haven't got mine yet either. I'm hoping it will arrive sometime this month.
nuttygirl
Yeah, the ema woman said that it doesn't matter, they'll be able to sort it out if you hand it in :groovy:

I'm not sure that that's right because i handed my NoE in and the lady in charge returned the paper back saying she can't register me without a reference number...
Reply 1098
Ermm ive got everything sorted with my school etc. so when shall I check my bank?I started on the 8th...:s-smilie:Does it come right away?Or does it take time??
I started earlier than that and have nothing yet, mine usually gets paid in every friday... but it's different from school to school. Because Liberata are being idiots, most people who are sorted out with their school still won't get it yet! Meh... if I get it tomorrow I'll post here :p:

Quick Reply