The Student Room Group

16-19 Bursary/EMA Questions Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I've started an official thread on EMA now so all discussion and questions can be kept together.

I think the main question here has been answered. So thread closed. Any further discussion can be taken here.

Thanks,
RK
Hi, I've started an official thread on EMA now so all discussion and questions can be kept together.

I think the main question here has been answered. So thread closed. Any further discussion can be taken here.

Thanks,
RK
Hey guys,

basically i sent off everything and got it all sorted and i got those 2 contract cards where you keep one and the person in your school in charge of EMA keeps one...however i've just realised i can't find it!!! and also all of this years letters i recieved for EMA were in that envelope which had the 2 contract cards in as well.....so now what do i do?........will they make me go through the whole process again? Because i did recieve the letter saying i was eligible for EMA just that thats lost as well now!! Or am i on the system for ema and they will just send the contracts again?
I filed away my contract card thing after it had been sorted by school, and haven't seen it since! I can't see how it would affect anything, I think you're just supposed to keep it for future reference.
lemoncake sucks
Hey guys,

basically i sent off everything and got it all sorted and i got those 2 contract cards where you keep one and the person in your school in charge of EMA keeps one...however i've just realised i can't find it!!! and also all of this years letters i recieved for EMA were in that envelope which had the 2 contract cards in as well.....so now what do i do?........will they make me go through the whole process again? Because i did recieve the letter saying i was eligible for EMA just that thats lost as well now!! Or am i on the system for ema and they will just send the contracts again?

Did the school do their bit and sign everything they needed to sign? If not, request another copy of the contract; if so, don't worry too much about it. It's the equivalent of a receipt.
To Confirm with people, households with an annual salary below £30,810 are eligable for EMA. I am not one of those people however :frown:

The links with clarify this information (not the last part though)
Hi!!!!!

i would just like to know how i could check if i have been recieving ema? because i dont know if i have already.....
the term JUST started, you wont be receiving it yet
if your signed up to online banking just sign in and check, otherwise go to your bank and ask
Reply 108
I've got a question about EMA.

Why is there a picture of Thomas the Tank Engine on my weekly recording card? :smile:
Yeah, I just used to check my online banking site.
Reply 110
I'm sure i got my first payment in the first week!
Reply 111
Call the EMA Phone service or best just to ask who ever deals with it at school (Head of 6th Form's assistant?) to check.
Either go to (or phone) your bank, use online banking or ask whoever it is that authorises your EMA each week whether or not it has been paid yet.
Reply 113
should i have received my ema yet for last week?
I sorted my EMA contract stuff out today. I read somewhere (not sure where) that the first payment (for last week if you started then) will go in on friday. Not sure if this is the same for everyone else as you all started at different times. But mine will be friday hopefully!! Can't wait!! Apparently i'm eligable for some other funding thing as i'm getting the full 30 quid. A woo and a hoo!
Reply 115
I will be getting EMA but from next week or maybe the week after I will have to begin my weekly visits to the doctor. this cannot be cancelled or rearranged for the weekend since the doctor only works weekdays. I am only missing sports and am attending all of my other lessons. Will I still get my EMA?
Reply 116
I've been waiting 5 months for my halifax bank account, and they always send me some bull**** , saying we do not need that, its annoying, and i was wondering if its possible to get the 30 pounds a week, in my mum bank account ??
shay14
I've been waiting 5 months for my halifax bank account, and they always send me some bull**** , saying we do not need that, its annoying, and i was wondering if its possible to get the 30 pounds a week, in my mum bank account ??

I think it is, but I'm not too sure. It should say on the website/form though. :s-smilie:
Reply 118
Garnier
I will be getting EMA but from next week or maybe the week after I will have to begin my weekly visits to the doctor. this cannot be cancelled or rearranged for the weekend since the doctor only works weekdays. I am only missing sports and am attending all of my other lessons. Will I still get my EMA?

I think if you have a doctors note & proof that the appointment cannot be outside school time they might let you. I'm really not sure though, you'll have to ask the school what proof they'll need.

Can't you go in a free period or after college?
paperclip
the term JUST started, you wont be receiving it yet
if your signed up to online banking just sign in and check, otherwise go to your bank and ask

Well i got paid on Thursday, and i only went back the Tuesday (the week before).. :dontknow:

Quick Reply