The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Janlon
I did AQA German coursework. The pieces were based on "Die Physiker" by Friedrich Dürrenmatt and the film "Stern ohne Himmel". Te pieces were entitled "Ist Möbius ein Verantwortungsvoller Physiker?" and "Lügen und Wahrheit: Einflüsse auf unserer Zukunft" respectively. I found them very interesting, and quite fun to do. You can take your time about them, think about what you want to say carefully, and how you want to say it. Another thing to consider - rarely in life will you be expected to write a document in German, with no reference materials. CSWK is far more realistic and interesting in my opinion.

I can't remember if you get to choose what to write about in the exam - in the coursework you get to choose your own title.

Hey, neat, another "Physiker"!!! I did my coursework on "Was ist der Sinn "Der Physiker"?" I hated it. The play, I mean - that's why I argued against it all the time.
Reply 21
I thought that "Die Physiker" was great - I had to talk about it at interview:

Interviewer: What's the play about?

Me: Well, it's set in an asylum, and there are these three mad scientists, who...

Interviewer (interrupting): No, no - that's where it's set! Whats the play about ?

guh.
Reply 22
Duerrenmatt is a legend. Try reading der Tunnel, thats really good and short enough for you to be able to read easily enough
Reply 23
Herleif Arkadios
Duerrenmatt is a legend. Try reading der Tunnel, thats really good and short enough for you to be able to read easily enough

Ok - I'll remember the title (got loads of german stuff to read before uni atm though!)

I've also read Der Richter und sein Henker by him, which was good, but, being a full-sized novel (albeit quite a short one) rather than a play, it was slightly more difficult to follow...

Anyone read Der Beusch Der Alten Dame by Duerrenmatt? That's supposed to be one of his best works...

Latest

Trending

Trending