The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
hallucination
Yep, fish4jobs has worked for me too...

What job did you applky for there? I applied 2-3 weeks ago and no reply. I'm still going to wait though. Anyway, I'm still applying for more jobs while waiting for a reply from them. If they don't reply (the job on the non job agency website) and the other job accepts me, I'll do the other job instead of the job agency one.

* gemchicken
I know! Me too! I wish I had a big ink stamp that would print my GCSE/AS/A Level grades, I'm getting so fed up writing them up!

Today will be my first time filling in a job application (i.e. my first job). My frst job will be fun!
* gemchicken
I know! Me too! I wish I had a big ink stamp that would print my GCSE/AS/A Level grades, I'm getting so fed up writing them up!

The worst bit is the bit where you have to write all about why the job is suitable for you! Ok if you're applying for the same kinds of jobs, because you can just copy and paste the same thing, but I'm applying for several different kinds of job, so I have to keep writing out loads of crap about my "skills"! :mad:
trev
What job did you applky for there? I applied 2-3 weeks ago and no reply. I'm still going to wait though. Anyway, I'm still applying for more jobs while waiting for a reply from them. If they don't reply (the job on the non job agency website) and the other job accepts me, I'll do the other job instead of the job agency one.

It was an admin job I applied for a few years ago (basically just summer vacation work).
Reply 103
hallucination
It was an admin job I applied for a few years ago (basically just summer vacation work).

I applied for an admin job on fish4jobs too. I didn't get any reply so far. I remember I applied a few weeks ago in July.
Reply 104
Today will be my first time filling in a job application (i.e. my first job).

Confidence is always good :smile:
rejections dont bother me too much what pisses me off is the companies who only get back to those who are inline for the job. would be nice to get a letter/email saying thansk but no thanks so to speak.
Reply 106
Gaz031
Confidence is always good :smile:

Indeed. I'm going in the afternoon to discuss with the manager about the job and if I'm good he might consider me and fill in an application form. In a few days time, he might decide to accept me or not. I hope he makes a quick decision (i.e. like today, lol) to accept me or not, however, I doubt that would happen though.

josh1988uk
rejections dont bother me too much what pisses me off is the companies who only get back to those who are inline for the job. would be nice to get a letter/email saying thansk but no thanks so to speak.

I got an e-mail about them saying thankyou for my application and I'm not successful for a job because there are higher calibre staff and an overwhelming reponse to the job.
trev
I applied for an admin job on fish4jobs too. I didn't get any reply so far. I remember I applied a few weeks ago in July.

I think I got a reply within a couple of days from the agency responsible for the advert.
Reply 108
Eeyore
The worst bit is the bit where you have to write all about why the job is suitable for you! Ok if you're applying for the same kinds of jobs, because you can just copy and paste the same thing, but I'm applying for several different kinds of job, so I have to keep writing out loads of crap about my "skills"! :mad:

I know! It's like applying to a care home and a shop is so different I have to think so much about what skills I have, as they certainly aren't immediately apparent (I am pretty skill-less :P: ) But never mind, hopefully I'll hear something soon, you too I hope :biggrin:
Reply 109
josh1988uk

I know, I mean making a mail merge letter to everyone unsuccessful and posting it out really wouldn't take all that long would it!
Reply 110
hallucination
I think I got a reply within a couple of days from the agency responsible for the advert.

Alright. If I don't get a reply in August, should I assume that they won't accept me then. :redface:
trev
Alright. If I don't get a reply in August, should I assume that they won't accept me then. :redface:

I can't really say...if it went via an agency, you probably haven't been successful as in my experience, they usually get in touch within a couple of weeks even if you haven't met the job requirementsspec. However, if it went to the company directly, they usually take a bit longer.

Anyway, don't give up hope! They might be slow in processing the applications...
* gemchicken
I know! It's like applying to a care home and a shop is so different I have to think so much about what skills I have, as they certainly aren't immediately apparent (I am pretty skill-less :P: ) But never mind, hopefully I'll hear something soon, you too I hope :biggrin:

Thanks, you too! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending