The Student Room Group

Titanic Vs The Notebook

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The Notebook is really a great movie, But i voted for Titanic because i think Titanic is bigger than The Notebook.
The Notebook has the saddest part of the two - the look on the man's face when his wife doesn't know who he is.
Much prefer the Notebook, I find Titanic really drags in the middle, but probably as I have seen it about a million times. Plus I just never cry at the Titanic and always cry at the Notebook
Reply 23
Never seen the Notebook so it would have to be Titanic for me
Reply 24
Both are great but since Titanic is a trough story as such that makes it epic.
Reply 25
I much prefer Titanic
Reply 26
AliciaJ703
There is no competition between Titanic and The Notebook :nah: Titanic wins hands down :yep: :woo: :woo: :yep:

Agreed!

I didn't like The Notebook at all :s-smilie: It's just far too lovey dovey for my tastes, I think. What part do people actually cry at?!
chan89
Agreed!

I didn't like The Notebook at all :s-smilie: It's just far too lovey dovey for my tastes, I think. What part do people actually cry at?!

For The Notebook, pretty much everyone cries at the end since the main characters die in each other's arms. Don't get wrong, I really like this film but Titanic was a more indepth film with a more complex storyline. Plus, I'm a big Leo fan. :wink:
I enjoyed The Notebook but for me it has got to be Titanic
Titanic is sexier
Reply 30
I love The Notebook, but I usually can't bring myself to watch the very end anymore, when she forgets who he is and after that. Too sad, makes me tear up.
Reply 31
Notebook for sure! I love it every time I watch it, beautiful quotes, story line and quite touching :smile:
Titanic was good the first time I watched it. I've tried to watch it since, and I get really bored after about 30 mins, so it has to be The Notebook - I can watch it over and over again. And Ryan Gosling looks better than Leo DiCaprio...well, until he grows a beard & goes a bit mad.:smile:
I way preferred the notebook. Happy ending :smile:

Titanic was just...bleck.

Never cried at either though :dontknow:
The Notebook.

...but I wasn't very moved. :dontknow:
The Notebook - it's one of my favourite films, and Titanic is an OK movie, I just prefer The Notebook. It's the way it captures Duke's devotion to Allie, despite her not knowing who he is, it just moves me in a way that no part of Titanic does. And that moment she remembers, and she does that little gasp, and says 'Noah'. I'm a wreck at that point.

The Notebook also has the added bonus of having Ryan Gosling in it. :biggrin:
yes but you might have realised that the notebook copies a lot of events from titanic such as the b-tec dance scene, phrases from titanic and how they both ride horses on the surf like jack had wanted to. also the stories unoriginal and I didn't cry in it at all prier to the fact it stole ideas from titanic. however, the copied events that had taken place in the notebook might have just been a coincidence, but I doubt that because it was made after titanic.
Original post by edifier
The Notebook is really a great movie, But i voted for Titanic because i think Titanic is bigger than The Notebook.

I agree, also idk bout u, but it looked like notebook copied events from titanic, eg the dance scene, some phrases, and them riding horses on the surf like jack had dreamed. or it was just a stupid coincidence
tbh I hate Titanic and haven't watched The Notebook
yes but you might have realised that the notebook copies a lot of events from titanic such as the b-tec dance scene, phrases from titanic and how they both ride horses on the surf like jack had wanted to. also the stories unoriginal and I didn't cry in it at all prier to the fact it stole ideas from titanic. however, the copied events that had taken place in the notebook might have just been a coincidence, but I doubt that because it was made after titanic.
Original post by pocketfulofposy
The Notebook - it's one of my favourite films, and Titanic is an OK movie, I just prefer The Notebook. It's the way it captures Duke's devotion to Allie, despite her not knowing who he is, it just moves me in a way that no part of Titanic does. And that moment she remembers, and she does that little gasp, and says 'Noah'. I'm a wreck at that point.

The Notebook also has the added bonus of having Ryan Gosling in it. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending