The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

la_mariposa
I think they do choose. I have barely seen anyone else who is in college for my course and my application was still moved to a different. I think that means that there was something about it that they didn't like. The departments reluctance so far in sending applications into college makes me doubt that they were actually "full" for my course :wink: And why shouldn't the competetive colleges like Castle and Hatfield choose whoever they think fits them the best. They probably aren't looking for the sportiest people, but other extracurricular stuff like music and arts, too.

Hm, anyways. I'm wondering what happens if the second college doesn't want me either? :eek3: Will I just be passed on or will I get a rejection?

TSR represents a very, very, very small proportion of the applicants though! Like someone else said, they simply don't have time to hold a 'maybe' pile - they have 3 or 4 days, at most, to decide. Besides, if a college kept passing candidates on in the hope of waiting for better ones, the system wouldn't work as there would be too many people being passed around.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
angelmxxx
TSR represents a very, very, very small proportion of the applicants though! Like someone else said, they simply don't have time to hold a 'maybe' pile - they have 3 or 4 days, at most, to decide. Besides, if a college kept passing candidates on in the hope of waiting for better ones, the system wouldn't work as there would be too many people being passed around.

3 or 4 days at most? Who says? What's the sanction? I've been at the college at least 21 days, possibly up to 48 days and still no movemment on aes!

Latest

Trending

Trending