The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
i.am.lost
OK that's not encouraging - is it really that skinny to be 8 stone you reckon? (and no this isn't a joke)

put it this way i know girls who i call skinny and they're shorter than you and way more than you.
very skinny you should at least be 12 to 13 stone
Reply 82
lella_m
Yes, you are correct... But I think 5 stone 7 lbs is a bit more than 'just skinny' :lolwut:

Depends on height/age

my ex was that weight. but she was also 4'9"
Reply 83
Indieboohoo
very skinny you should at least be 12 to 13 stone

Bit extreme...10.5-11 sounds about ideal to me.
EAT!
do you even get some food?
mr eko
Bit extreme...10.5-11 sounds about ideal to me.

If you include muscle fat and depends on height I would think. Ok 11 stone at least.
Reply 86
As somebody has stated you are the king of thins.
Reply 87
i.am.lost
Am I too skinny for a 5'10", 18 year old guy at just under 8 stone (50 kg)? Would you consider someone of this weight to be too underweight or is it ok?

probably although i'm no doctor but I'm 20 and i'm only about 5 foot 8 and i weigh 9 stone something and i'm really skinny looking (technically a healthy weight (under the ideal weight but in the healthy range) but still skinny looking). Very good chance you need to put weight on.

Ps my sister is about 5 foot 4ish and she's always hovering arounf 8 stone and looks tiny
Skoji
28"?

It's rare that I encounter someone skinnier than me. I'm forced by my own sense of honour to hand the torch over to you, king of the thins.

You should eat some of those eCookies you're giving out...
I felt I was worthy of one. :p:
Reply 89
Adonis
There is no way 8st @ your height is 'optimal health'

even if you were 6% BF or something, you'd still need to be 9-10st

even with some light ass bones, you have to be suffering from some kind of deficiency.

OP - What exactly are you eating/drinking on a normal day?

& what activities are you doing?

I'm not really someone who eats alot and I'm very much into healthy food and lead an almost vegetarian diet (the only meat I rarely eat is chicken - nothing else) and I don't drink fizzy drinks or alcohol, so this probably contributes to the skinniness. On a typical school day:
nothing for breakfast/lunch
I go to starbucks after school and have a large cold drink (~250 calories) and a cheese panini (~400 calories)
I would then eat something light for dinner like a pasta salad or similar (~500 calories) and maybe a small healthy snack (~100 calories).
I only drink water apart from starbucks, so all in all that's about 1250 calories on a typical day.
I know that's little but I literally cannot force myself to eat any more cos I don't feel hungry.
Reply 90
I'm 5'7" and somewhere between 8 and 9 stone. I was 9 stone at the end of july and lost somewhere between half a stone and a full stone in two weeks while on holiday :|
I'm pretty thin, not a great deal of muscle, but I would not consider my weight abnormal - I just see everyone else as being a bit podgey.
Reply 91
i.am.lost
I'm not really someone who eats alot and I'm very much into healthy food and lead an almost vegetarian diet (the only meat I rarely eat is chicken - nothing else) and I don't drink fizzy drinks or alcohol, so this probably contributes to the skinniness. On a typical school day:
I go to starbucks after school and have a large cold drink (~250 calories) and a cheese panini (~400 calories)
I would then eat something light for dinner like a pasta salad or similar (~500 calories) and maybe a small healthy snack (~100 calories).
I only drink water apart from starbucks, so all in all that's about 1250 calories on a typical day.
I know that's little but I literally cannot force myself to eat any more cos I don't feel hungry.

ye, ~1250 long term is DEFFO not healthy/your natural weight.

I really wouldn't be surprised if you deficient in vitamins/minerals

I would really advise you to get down to the doctors and ask to see a nutritionist, as I suspect this has been long-term you've been eating like this? [a few years?]

it's not enough to say 'eat more' it's eat more and include proteins, b12, etc ...

I wouldn't be shocked if the docs say you are deficient in B12 and need an injection
i.am.lost

Your diet consists of:
A starbucks, a cheese panini, a pasta salad and a snack.
Mate you can now see why you are under 8 stone. You hardly eat anything!

Gradually try and increase your calorie intake. Don't do it all in one go because you won't be able to but try in small stages. Add some extra portions and soon you'll get used to it and you'll be able to eat more.
May I also suggest adding some full fat whole milk to your daily diet.
Reply 93
You should learn from these lot:
Reply 94
Adonis
ye, ~1250 long term is DEFFO not healthy/your natural weight.

I really wouldn't be surprised if you deficient in vitamins/minerals

I would really advise you to get down to the doctors and ask to see a nutritionist, as I suspect this has been long-term you've been eating like this? [a few years?]

it's not enough to say 'eat more' it's eat more and include proteins, b12, etc ...

I wouldn't be shocked if the docs say you are deficient in B12 and need an injection

Although this has been going on for years, I do take daily multivitamin supplements and omega 3/6/9 tablets as well as certain minerals, and I do have some (but not enough) fruits and vegetables. So I doubt it's as dire as what you said. I hope.
Reply 95
Yes way too skinny. I'm only 6 ft but way over 13 stone with virtualy no fat you must be just bones.
wow i get told im underweight for the exact same height and age (18 and 5' 10) and im 10 stone

your way too skinny
Reply 97
i.am.lost
Although this has been going on for years, I do take daily multivitamin supplements and omega 3/6/9 tablets as well as certain minerals, and I do have some (but not enough) fruits and vegetables. So I doubt it's as dire as what you said. I hope.

there's gotta be something wrong if you are only eating 1250 calories a day

surely that must be apparent to you?

I would get myself down to a doctor just be sure everything is a-ok, as you could be partially malnourished and there are a host of factors, which if not tackled now, may give rise to serious problems later on
Reply 98
By that information, it sounds really skinny and unhealthy. Sort out your diet!
Reply 99
mr eko
Surely this isn't serious? You are a skeleton if true. I get called too skinny when I'm 5 foot 9 and 10 stone.

Holy **** I'm 5'10" and 9st 3!! And I didn't think I was too bad!!

You've upset me now...:cry:

Latest

Trending

Trending