The Student Room Group

Thread for me!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Did 6,7,8,9,7(2 mins rest)
Did these slowly and my grip just went. Had already been doing some earlier so not too worried.
Reply 381
Went and did some sprints. 6*100m. Didn't keep times beyond slowest was 15.2(5th one), and fastest was 14.5(3rd one). All besides 5th were below 15s, but my quads were starting to tighten up, so came back.
Reply 382
Hockey training. Didn't do much.
Also, pullups-7,8,9,10,5(+a few)(90s rest)
Grip went again. Need to sort that out, so did a few hangs.
Reply 383
Saturday and Sunday I had hockey matches. Thursday had hockey training. Today did a bunch of pullups, starting with a max set(15).
Did my leg in Saturday's hockey, was limping Sunday, playing again tomorrow but leg still doesn't feel great. Will see how it goes.
Reply 384
Hockey matches Sat and Sun again. Scored in both, and running was almost back to normal. Think my leg is now ok, may go for a run later to see.
Reply 385
Had hockey thursday, and a match today. Was probably fitter than most of my team, but not as fit as I want to be. Think I'll start running like 5 days a week now.
Reply 386
Did a brief bit of sprints today. Main bits-100m sprint, 10 pressups, 100m sprint, and separately half a football pitch sprint, turn, half a football pitch sprint, turn, full football pitch sprint.
Got a bit of blood flowing, legs still feeling yesterday slightly, so will make sure to stretch a bit tonight.
Reply 387
Did one lap of the field I normally run around. About 2k, although very damp grass so tougher than it should be. 9:10. Not too bad, since I started going for 2-3 laps, but decided I didn't fancy soaking my shoes so sped up the second half and just did 1. Some pullups later I think.
Reply 388
3 laps of the big field.
9:14, 10:18, 10:08
Not too bad, calfs a bit sore now, but a bit of stretching should sort that.
Reply 389
Hockey training yesterday. Essentially dominated, was good. Ran around a lot, not too unfit. Went out after, and out again tonight, but hey.
Reply 390
Hockey matches yesterday and today. Seemed much fitter than recently, goal yesterday, 2 and 2 assists today.
Reply 391
50 burpees-4:26
Reply 392
The blues hockey captain was lifting in the Jesus gym yesterday, doing quarter squats at 100kg. It does make you wonder how much the teams could be improved if they incorporated some proper training.
Reply 393
Original post by Mdawg
The blues hockey captain was lifting in the Jesus gym yesterday, doing quarter squats at 100kg. It does make you wonder how much the teams could be improved if they incorporated some proper training.

I'd have thought it'd be pretty helpful, but then again, they'd have to do it off season mostly. What division are Jesus in btw?

On a blog note; hockey training today. Pitch was well frozen, not a good move really.
Reply 394
Original post by Slumpy
I'd have thought it'd be pretty helpful, but then again, they'd have to do it off season mostly. What division are Jesus in btw?

On a blog note; hockey training today. Pitch was well frozen, not a good move really.

Top division but we just got relegated because we have six blues and thus could never get a full team out.
Reply 395
Original post by Mdawg
Top division but we just got relegated because we have six blues and thus could never get a full team out.

Pity; you should nail cuppers though.

Hockey matches Sat and Sun, played ok, but fitness gone a bit.
Reply 396
So haven't done much in a while. Had a hockey match a couple of weeks ago I think, and played badminton yesterday, won it all which was nice. Will aim to get some squash or something on the go soon, and a lot of running. Time to get rid of the christmas belly I feel!
Reply 397
Went for a run. Got lost a few times and stuff, and walked probably the second half. Went about 13-4 miles or so though, so not too bad.
Reply 398
Checked on mapmyrun-actually ran about 7 miles, in an hour 10 mins ish. Feet still swollen and sore today though!
Reply 399
Did 5 ssets of 10 dips today, and 5 sets of 5 pullups, dips at BW, pullups at +8kg. Left elbow a bit sore!

Quick Reply

Latest