The Student Room Group

Anybody doing the Psychology exam on wednesday?!?!

this is a new account and i dont really get how to use this properly so bare with with X)

i am struggling with my Psychology and i ahev the exam on wednesday and i learn more with dissusion more than full on reading mile long revision books so if anyone wants to have a little factual talk with me about the psychology exam drop me a line :-)

amy davies xoxo
i'm doing it. but i know jack all. hahah

good luck :smile:
Count me in as both a newbie and someone who could really do with another weeks revision, still hoping for the best. :smile:
Reply 3
kinda ready for it, what exam board are you doing??
I'm doing AQA PSYA1, I understand everything except attachment so any resources on that would be helpful.
Reply 5
same as DAND9

im stuggling with the resaerch methods section as my teacher lacked :|

whick bits are u stuck with?

mimi x
Reply 6
Same as DAND9

im stuck on the research methods section as my teacher lacked :|

what are you stuck on? x
Reply 7
Meee i'm doing it !
so far i've only ever done 3 hours on psychology on a whole !
eek i'll pick it up tommorrow !
Reply 8
I'm doing the retake for it... i got 70UMS last time so going for an A this time :smile:

It's pretty simple really... just some concepts i get confused on specially in attachment which can lose marks easily if you confuse yourself in an answer.
mimialves20
Same as DAND9

im stuck on the research methods section as my teacher lacked :|

what are you stuck on? x

Strange situations is a tough one having to remember all that, to be honest I could do with re-reading the whole section as its such a blur. Hopefully I can get it done before the exam.

What about you?
Reply 10
My teacher said not to remember all 8 stages of the Strange Situation - just mention 4 stages: separation, re-union behaviour, stranger anxiety, and exploring (basically!)

You won't ever need to mention them all. I think if it was an 18 mark, then yeah I would but we don't have 18 marks anymore! :biggrin:
Thanks for that I'll make a note of that and get revising. :biggrin:
Reply 12
My teacher said not to remember all 8 stages of the Strange Situation - just mention 4 stages: separation, re-union behaviour, stranger anxiety, and exploring (basically!)

Very true. Only learn those four, any more than that and your giving yourself more work! My students have the PYA1 exam on Wednesday and i'm sure you will all be fine, just try not to panic, and if for some reason you do find yourself in a blind panic and ending it all, helpful psychology teacher here happy to help :smile:
Reply 13
Got it on weds too. Just realised that I hadn't done a lot on daycare so going over that now. But not sure what will be expected. 'If' it does come up, will they be expecting us to remember all the studies (for and against) or just merely saying, 'quality day care can have a positive effect on infants, e.g. helping them to develop social and cogntive skills. While, poor quality day care can have a negative effect on infants.' :/
So what did people thinmk of the exam?
Reply 15
it was a good exam.
Reply 16
Zazzbag
Got it on weds too. Just realised that I hadn't done a lot on daycare so going over that now. But not sure what will be expected. 'If' it does come up, will they be expecting us to remember all the studies (for and against) or just merely saying, 'quality day care can have a positive effect on infants, e.g. helping them to develop social and cogntive skills. While, poor quality day care can have a negative effect on infants.' :/

FML. I spent most of my time on daycare studying.. I really thought it would come up. Instead privation did and yeah I'm sure I got full marks but I didn't really get the ethical issue questions lol...should have spent time on that and content analysis (well research methods as a whole!)
Oh gosh i completely forgot i did this post! haha how did everyone find it? I loved it... i got an E in my mock the days leading up to it. and then i gave myself study leave haha for 3 days and then i got an A so i was pretty pleased! how ever this summers exam.... i am not looking forward to it... i am so cluless on scientific methods and research... if anyone would like to give some words of advice?!?!!? oh and i am on AQA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending