The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Colour Me Pretty
I'm not racist or sexist,
but I'm able to make a joke out of things; for example sometimes if I see a black man I'll go to my friends ''It's my Dad!'' or when I said I was going to write a letter of complaint to the school
and complain about racism or something.

But I don't discriminate; but I think it's ok to take the mick a bit sometimes,
but I'd never intentionally offend someone.

Racism/discrimination is all-encompassing. If you were to say a white man was more likely to get sunburn than a black man prior to meeting them, that is racism. As I said, it really isnt that huge an issue until it gets violent/consequential.
Yeh
Reply 62
Not in a dem dare niggaz goin wild way, or de german nazi chikes r munstrual femdomz but in a jewz iz taking mi moniez and algerian, hairy mufz way.
Reply 63
paella
Not in a dem dare niggaz goin wild way, or de german nazi chikes r munstrual femdomz but in a jewz iz taking mi moniez and algerian, hairy mufz way.

I just about managed to read what you typed in lol. Everybody's wild, regardless of gender of colour, we're human :wink: We're like wild pigs with 2 legs :wink:
I'm not racist or sexist. I hate everybody :yep:
I hate all asians unless i know them personally, because nothing is more satisfying than killing your own kind. Over and out... GUNSHOT GUNSHOT!!
I love how a large amount of fb groups at the moment are very sexist! :P
Although it doesn't offend me really,
i dont like racism though -.-
Reply 67
Surely without racism there would be no race? cos everyone would go arounding whatevering each other and we'll all look like the simpsons, and without sexism we'd be stuck with masterbation. Ok extreme, but without sexism, (which i assume is simply the differentiation of sex??) it would ruin the fundamental basis of our society. As humans we're all self righteous Biatches, so oh well. But i dont believe in Discrimination.

I'd get upset if a girl beat me up, but i wouldnt care what race they are.
lol deep down I'm a racist and sexist but i don't hate any races or the female gender - though they do suck at driving and even cooking. Yes the best cooks in the world are male.
innerhollow
I'm reluctant to discuss things with you. I have discussed stuff with you in the past, and you just keep saying stupid things like "oh bullying is justified".

If you really want to know my answer, read on. But this is not a discussion. This is merely me telling you what the mentally stable people in society think on this subject.

I won't use the word "wrong" at all because you seem to have issues with it- probably your nihilistic attitude lends itself to that. I also ask you not to use the word "wrong" in any posts directed to me because your understanding of what that words means is, different I'll say. Instead I'll use the phrase "not desirable for society" instead.

It is "not desireable for society" if employers choose their employees based on details like race/gender, it does not create a system of "best man for the job" because they are qualities which do not affect your ability to do a job for the most part. And don't use the example of "but most woman don't make good soldiers because they're biologically weaker", but that's not directly to do with the fact that they are a woman, it's to do with their strength. If a woman does possess the strength to be a soldier, discriminating against her is just stupid. Having black skin colour does not affect how well you could do at a job.

If we do not have the system of "best man for the job", this does not make the most optimal, most efficient, use of human labour resources. If you read all that, and still want to make some unintelligible comment like "there's nothing wrong with employers hiring who they want", don't bother.

this argument assumes that meritocracy is a good, which remains to be seen.

also, businessowners provide jobs, so since it is their job, they hold a right to discriminate, on any basis they choose.
Reply 70
I can be quite sexist to my own gender...
Reply 71
Colour Me Pretty
I'm not racist or sexist,
but I'm able to make a joke out of things; for example sometimes if I see a black man I'll go to my friends ''It's my Dad!'' or when I said I was going to write a letter of complaint to the school
and complain about racism or something.

But I don't discriminate; but I think it's ok to take the mick a bit sometimes,
but I'd never intentionally offend someone.

thats just sad !
Reply 72
I'm a 'Family Guy' racist. There's humour in racism/sexism which Family Guy does brilliantly, but it's all meant in jest and it obviously isn't the opinion or belief system that I live my life by.

Playing on stereotypes and being outrageously offensive is funny in the right context (look at Frankie Boyle's humour and Little Britain/Catherine Tate sketches for example).
g2da3
thats just sad !

It comes from a time when I mistakenly thought a black tram conductor was my Dad, but yes I am pretty sad.
Everyone's a little bit racist.
Reply 75
iainthegreat
I'm not racist, one of my friends is black.

lmao I love it when people say this, usually after a racist comment.
Reply 76
Sometimes I thought I was racist, then I realised, some people are just born an ass. it's nothing to do with the colour of their skin.
I'm probably a little sexist. I do it in a jesting way, but I guess I wouldn't do it at all if I was a feminist. :p:

Racism makes me feel a lot more uncomfortable and I don't think I'm racist. I used to get mad when other people told racist jokes though, but now I just ignore it as I've realised it's so widespread it's not worth pissing off a lot people over.
I make racist, sexist and homophobic jokes all the time, in reality i am not.
Reply 79
i personally believe racism is a vital part of our history as humans,therefore i have no problm with it.if there were no racists a lot of black people would have been missed out.we wont strive to be the better race(that we are)and when a black person achieves somfn like say becoming the u.s.pressident,he wont be more special than the forty somfn others before him.wat else can i say, thank you slave trade!

Latest

Trending

Trending