The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

After You
I'd advise against using acai berries, my mum used it for a while (and got a telling-off from me as a result), and it done jack-all. Not only that, it's pretty expensive.

Best thing is to use that money to get a gym membership. I don't want you to think I'm being cynical, but exercise has so many more benefits other than helping you slim down, as opposed to using tricks to help you reduce your calory intake - it gives you more "energy", thus improving your self-esteem and make you more "bubbly" which in turn is an attractive quality.

But if you do not heed my advice, another "trick" is to drink grape-fruit juice, and a dash of honey if it's too bitter. Just don't take the pills. Nothing in life worth getting doesn't come without effort.

hey thanks for your reply.
I already have a gym membership, and excercise regularly too. I am simply curious to whether these will work on me or not. If I do not see any change within the first 2 weeks, I will get rid of them :smile:

And Grape juice sounds interesting. If this doesnt work, I will try that and green tea .
Hi, thank you, I have already decided to not order them and just buy them from Holland and Barrett.
Did they work for your friend?
(edited 3 years ago)
Do you eat little and often or 3 meals a day? I found since starting my new job I have to eat little & often because I can't manage a full normal-sized meal, but I've lost quite a bit of weight. I'm hardly starving myself either!
Reply 23
ibelongtoslytherin
Wow thats great! Ill defo try that out too. Does it taste good?

It's a really subtle flavour, I really like it though! You can also get it with cranberry, citrus and I'm sure theres a few more but I've always liked the mango :smile: Whenever I feel like snacking, I have some and it stops me feeling the need
Reply 24
jennn*
It's a really subtle flavour, I really like it though! You can also get it with cranberry, citrus and I'm sure theres a few more but I've always liked the mango :smile: Whenever I feel like snacking, I have some and it stops me feeling the need

Just wondering, is it bad to have quite a few cups a day? Like, are they high in caffiene and too much caffiene is it bad for you etc.? I limit myself to one cos for some reason I worry it's bad but would love to be able to have more!
Reply 25
bluelou
Just wondering, is it bad to have quite a few cups a day? Like, are they high in caffiene and too much caffiene is it bad for you etc.? I limit myself to one cos for some reason I worry it's bad but would love to be able to have more!

I've never actually thought about it like that, but then I am really caffiene sensitive so if there was alot of caffiene I'd never sleep with the amount I drink!

Bit of internet digging...
"Caffeine levels of green teas are generally much lower (about 14mg to 37 mg per eight-ounce cup) compared to black teas (50 mg per cup) or coffee (140 mg per cup)."

Latest