The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

-I am not frightened of dying. Any time will do; I don't mind.
Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it—you've gotta go sometime.

Epic.
I'd be happy if there was nothing after. Pain terrifies me though so I hate to think of how it might be painful. I'm the sort of wuss that puts plasters on paper cuts.
I follow my religion strongly

'In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Messenger of Death is the enemy of life, but he acts according to the Lord s Command.”

I'll die under Gods will and nobody elses
Do I fear death no, do I fear being taken away from my loved ones and my soul escaping the body and forgetting my entire life, yes

I feel death brings pain to the ones left but another journey to the ones who die and they won't even know the had a family because they'll be a spirit lost from the soul of the body!!!
Reply 83
pinda.college
I follow my religion strongly

'In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Messenger of Death is the enemy of life, but he acts according to the Lord s Command.”

I'll die under Gods will and nobody elses
Do I fear death no, do I fear being taken away from my loved ones and my soul escaping the body and forgetting my entire life, yes

I feel death brings pain to the ones left but another journey to the ones who die and they won't even know the had a family because they'll be a spirit lost from the soul of the body!!!

This is not a theology thread.
Reply 84
Death is only the begining. Do I fear it? Yes because I do not think I am prepared for it. But do I want death? Yes because its a chance to leave this pathetic planet for something better.
Reply 85
Srxjer
The worst thing in my eyes is to be truly forgotten.

:congrats:
Reply 86
i soooo do.. so i dont think bwt it :biggrin:
Futility
This is not a theology thread.

Sorry for typing a comment that represents my beliefs about death, which links with the question. If anything your answer is a lot more usless than mine which actually has a point in this thread.
The only thing I fear about death, is being forgotten and not having done everything I wanted to - otherwise my life would be semi-pointless :')

It'd be great to die in a really odd way, if i had to die... food for thought there
Reply 89
pinda.college
Sorry for typing a comment that represents my beliefs about death, which links with the question. If anything your answer is a lot more usless than mine which actually has a point in this thread.

My answer? I gave no answer. If you refer to my perception of the metaphysical concept of death, it is neither more nor less useful than yours.

I asked whether you fear death, not whether you were religious. I simply do not want my thread hyjacked by creationists and atheists, engaging in a cliched and unresolvable argument. There are plenty of other threads debating this, if that is what you want to do.
How depressing :l
Futility
My answer? I gave no answer. If you refer to my perception of the metaphysical concept of death, it is neither more nor less useful than yours.

I asked whether you fear death, not what your religion was. I simply do not want my thread hyjacked by creationists and atheists, engaging in a cliched and unresolvable argument. There are plenty of other threads debating this, if that is what you want to do.

What if someones death is decided by their faith?
Are they forbiden from answering this question?
If so, then make it clear next time that you don't want religous people answering these somewhat depressing/emo questions:confused:

Don't reply to this comment because your just asking to wate my time. Which I believe is too valuable to give to a stranger.
I fear people around me dying rather than my own death. Is that selfish?
Reply 93
pinda.college
What if someones death is decided by their faith?
Are they forbiden from answering this question?
If so, then make it clear next time that you don't want religous people answering these somewhat depressing/emo questions:confused:

Don't reply to this comment because your just asking to wate my time. Which I believe is too valuable to give to a stranger.

You ask me questions then tell me not to answer. You accuse me of discriminating against religious people and you expect me not to defend myself. I'm sorry to disobey, but I welcome responses from anyone. Religious or not. I only object to you preaching religious propaganda and turning my thread into a cliche.
Reply 94
I don't want to leave family behind, or be left behind by them - imagine if all your siblings and/or friends died before you :s-smilie:

And death invovling ventilation - I have asthma and let me tell you it feels horbble to not get a breath :frown:
Sometimes, I'm afraid of leaving people/things behind and forgetting memories, and death seems lonely but is has to happen. But if you live life in fear of death, you are not really making the most of the time you have.
Futility
You ask me questions then tell me not to answer. You accuse me of discriminating against religious people and you expect me not to defend myself. I'm sorry to disobey, but I welcome responses from anyone. Religious or not. I only object to you preaching religious propaganda and turning my thread into a cliche.

'accuse me of discriminating against religious people'

:confused:

No accusations were made by me, I simply expressed my opinions and you stated this isn't a THEOLOGY THREAD

I aknowledge you don't want this kind of matierial on your thread and that it might cause releigous uproar. I apologize for that, but understand a religous person can't answer without the respose seeming like an theology thread post!!!

It's just I feel that's the only way I could have answered the question otherwise I would have contradicted by beliefs and been what they call 'Fake' , I felt you comment wasn't discriminating nor being anti religous, it was just abit harsh on me because thats' the only way I COULD answer the question and you replied in a sinister way

But, lets push that aside and say that we both replied inapproprately??

:p: Friends???????????????????

P.S- IN NO WAY DID THE THREAD AUTHOR OFFEND MY BELIEFS AND DISCRIMINATE MY RELIGION, JUST A MISUNDERSTANDING IN COMMUNICATION ON BOTH OUR SIDES
Reply 97
As I'm crying so frightened of dying
Relax yes I'm trying but fear's got a hold on me

Yes, this fear's got a hold on me.

I picture my own grave...
Reply 98
'I'm not scared of dying I just don't want to'
- Robbie Williams

(Well infact he isn't a real musician he doesn't write his own stuff but anyway...)
Reply 99
pinda.college
thats' the only way I COULD answer the question and you replied in a sinister way

But, lets push that aside and say that we both replied inapproprately??

:p: Friends???????????????????

P.S- IN NO WAY DID THE THREAD AUTHOR OFFEND MY BELIEFS AND DISCRIMINATE MY RELIGION, JUST A MISUNDERSTANDING IN COMMUNICATION ON BOTH OUR SIDES

I assure you I did not intend to reply in a sinister way. As you say, this is a misunderstanding. Friends indeed :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending