The Student Room Group

Do guys actually get crushes on girls?

In general do guys get crushes (as in constantly thinking about/feeling affection for) on girls based on her personality? Say if she wasn't a looker but was unusual, adventurous you know like girls get crushes on guys because of how they act/their coolness do guys get crushes on girls like this? Or is it a simple matter of she looks good I want her?

Scroll to see replies

No, we have more important things to do.
Reply 2
Looks first :P mmmmm but nah depends
Yes :moon:
Reply 4
mainly due to looks i think
as us guys make hard work of actually talking to our crushes
took me ages to do so, but i managed to scramble a few hi's together and then asked her out

hard work though - i was thinking about her loads for about 2 weeks before hand, added to the pressure
Reply 5
Rich_183
Looks first :P mmmmm but nah depends
True tbh.. I think most guys will go for looks first THEN go for personality..

So, appearence is the first stage of the filtration process..
Reply 6
What kind of question is this? Of course they do.
Reply 7
Depends what u mean by "crush" mostly the girls i fancied at school i had never spoken a word to... mmm Heidi
Reply 8
kevin_123
True tbh.. I think most guys will go for looks first THEN go for personality..

So, appearence is the first stage of the filtration process..

but u can be fooled by appearance she could look lovely when u see her but look horrible when she wakes up and hasnt done her hair and makeup. Do u dump her then.
Reply 9
Hmmm...kind of.

I mean I'm not going to lie and say I've had a crush on someone who (I find) is ugly because she has a great personality, but I only get a crush if I love their personality.

I have a feeling I've misunderstood the question though.
I hope so. I hope the guy I have a crush on does, anyway :wink:
Reply 11
Don't think i would unless i found her attractive. Definately get crushes though.:o:
Reply 12
Actually thinking back there has been a few crushes I've had who I thought were attractive. Now I find them ugly, so maybe it was the crush disguising that.
Reply 13
~ Mandy
I hope so. I hope the guy I have a crush on does, anyway :wink:

me too I like a guy at college but only have my personality to attract with but he isn't much of a looker either yet I like him.
Anonymous
In general do guys get crushes (as in constantly thinking about/feeling affection for) on girls based on her personality? Say if she wasn't a looker but was unusual, adventurous you know like girls get crushes on guys because of how they act/their coolness do guys get crushes on girls like this? Or is it a simple matter of she looks good I want her?

yeah of course - i don't get how u can have a crush on someone just because they look good - but i'm only interested in having a relationship and talk about all the stuff we'd have in common and taking her nice places - that's what i'd be thinking about during the crush because that's what i want - that's what i find attractive - the more important things :smile:

i suppose i'm lucky that all my crushes have been gorgeous too - or unlucky depending on how u look at it - coz unfortunately my crushes are never returned :frown: - so i kinda wish i didn't get them sometimes :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Er yea, it's happened to me!
I used to be totally infatuated with this girl in years 9,10 and 11 (where I kinda snapped out of it). It wasn't a silly school boy crush either (had one of those in Y7 or 8. I acted like a loon, totally embarrassing).

She was (and still is) attractive but it wasn't purely that. I barely knew her so it wasn't personality. I think I may have forced it on myself because it's nice to think of nice things.

There was another girl I started to develop a crush on. Her name may have been Average McAverage because she was just 100% average. I bet most people would look or think twice about her. I may have only heard her speak a couple of times. I like to think she had feelings for me because I saw her looking a couple of times. But maybe she knew there was some random guy ignoring his mates and spending his break looking at some girl.

In college there is nobody who interests me in the same way as those two girls. Not sure if I'd like it to stay that way.....

:x
Hanvyj
Depends what u mean by "crush" mostly the girls i fancied at school i had never spoken a word to... mmm Heidi

Just a thought, but did this heidi have straight gingery brown hair? Can't be that many hot heidi's in the world.

As to the general question - duh, obviously yes.

Now for the answer to the next thread, 'do guys breath oxygen?'
yup!
some do,am sure they do but some guys go for LOOKS and that is all they look for in a girl.
Reply 19
all about personality really, when dated pretty looking girls either 1.) slags 2.) bitches 3.) rubbish personality

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending