The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Temporary Westwood sharing in third year

Hey all,

Has anyone else applied for this? I did it as a backup incase I didn't get on campus, lo and behold I didn't. My current flatmates are all abroad next year, so I'm currently torn between staying on campus or finding more people off campus.

Money is a big issue, as well as being close to campus. But the bigger question is, did anyone here ever share a room at some point? Bearable?

Has anyone else applied for it?
I was in Westwood last year. We had people in my building who were sharing, and it was not for longer than about four weeks. According to all I spoke to, it was bearable for that amount of time. There'll be times when they're out so privacy isn't necessarily a constant issue; I guess a problem would be if you wanted your girlfriend/boyfriend/whatever round often in that period.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
calcium878
I was in Westwood last year. We had people in my building who were sharing, and it was not for longer than about four weeks. According to all I spoke to, it was bearable for that amount of time. There'll be times when they're out so privacy isn't necessarily a constant issue; I guess a problem would be if you wanted your girlfriend/boyfriend/whatever round often in that period.

Thanks for the helpful reply. I'm pretty laidback about privacy, so I'm sure I'll manage. This is only my backup if I dont find a decent house/mates
Reply 3
I shared in my first year and applied to share in 3rd year but I was lucky and got a place on campus for 3rd year!

It wasn't bad at all, but the person I was sharing with was the one who was asked to move out and he said he found it difficult to fit into a new halls after he had moved since many friend circles had already been created. Although I think this is probably more intimidating for a first year than a third year so I wouldn't worry at all.

Westwood is cheap and it is good to be close to campus, especially in third year where you will have to spend (I assume) a lot of time on campus in the library and such.

As is mentioned above, I never found privacy to be a problem as both of you have different routines and timetables.

Latest