The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

cgpas
I don't meant to sound ungrateful, I already have an offer from Kings.

But now I wished I had applied to UCL/Imperial.

the only reason I didn't was because of BMAT!

Anyone else feel like this?

no....lol
Reply 2
Kings! KINGS! You have an offer from KINGS for MEDICINE and you are having regrets?

You will have an amazing time at Kings and will become an excellent doctor. It also has an excellent name and excellent reputation for research. What on Earth would you gain by going to UCL/Imperial?

I don't mean to sound mean, but - I assure you - you have nothing to regret.

edit: I think you underestimate how competitive medicine truly is and how many amazing applicants there are.
cgpas

congrats on the offer

bmat well im not sure it wasn't too bad guess i could have worked harder for the test
Reply 4
Are you a medic at Kings by any chance?
Reply 5
seeker1
Kings! KINGS! You have an offer from KINGS for MEDICINE and you are having regrets?

You will have an amazing time at Kings and will become an excellent doctor. It also has an excellent name and excellent reputation for research. What on Earth would you gain by going to UCL/Imperial?

edit: I think you underestimate how competitive medicine truly is and how many amazing applicants there are.

are you a medic at Kings by any chance?
Reply 6
cgpas
Are you a medic at Kings by any chance?

oh dear... you need some perspective on medic apps.. it really really deosnt mater where you end up (almost) and what you think you like in a med school as an applicant is quite different to what you will end up liking as a student.. - don't worry and be gratefull
Reply 7
cgpas
are you a medic at Kings by any chance?

Nope :p: I understand why you asked though lol.
Reply 8
I hated the bmat :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 9
yeah I guess you're all right!

wherever I go I'm going to be a doctor, and it's up to me to make the most out of the experience!

I guess I'm jst bored of revision so my minds just wondering :s-smilie:

:smile:
Reply 10
I wasn't in the same situation as you...but I do regret not taking the BMAT and applying to ICL or UCL :frown: oh well!

And well done for getting a Kings offer!
Reply 11
medstar
I wasn't in the same situation as you...but I do regret not taking the BMAT and applying to ICL or UCL :frown: oh well!

And well done for getting a Kings offer!

Thanks, where have you applied?
Sambo2
oh dear... you need some perspective on medic apps.. it really really deosnt mater where you end up (almost) and what you think you like in a med school as an applicant is quite different to what you will end up liking as a student.. - don't worry and be gratefull

yeah, this is exactly it - all medical schools are good as they all have to pass GMC criteria. After the first few weeks of med school you will learn to adore your uni ( as i have!!!), and at least you're still in london!

Congrats on the kings offer and think about the positives. It's no use dwelling on what you could or should have done! Remember that there are 1000s of applicants who still don't have places!
Reply 13
The BMAT sounded like 2 hours of hell on earth. Nope, don't regret it for a minute. :p:
cgpas

Maybe you could withdraw your offer, do the bmat and go through the application cycle again next year?
Reply 15
I would have liked to go Imperial, but yh the BMAT was the reason I didn't bother....do I regret it? No. BMAT sounded like hell; no garauntee I would have done well either....If i had chosen Imperial then I know I would have replaced it with Kings as they are both competitive...so i might have got a Low BMAT score...would have got rejected from Imperial...and since i wouldn't have applied to kings i wouldn't even have an offer from a Russel group uni!
Reply 16
fortysixandtwo
Maybe you could withdraw your offer, do the bmat and go through the application cycle again next year?

It was just a what if moment!
I would NEVER withdraw from Kings!

I mean it is medicine at Kings after all, I've put stuff into perspective and am grateful for this opportunity

:smile:
Reply 17
ramzy91
I would have liked to go Imperial, but yh the BMAT was the reason I didn't bother....do I regret it? No. BMAT sounded like hell; no garauntee I would have done well either....If i had chosen Imperial then I know I would have replaced it with Kings as they are both competitive...so i might have got a Low BMAT score...would have got rejected from Imperial...and since i wouldn't have applied to kings i wouldn't even have an offer from a Russel group uni!

I'm over it now! Kings all the way!

Is it your first choice?
Reply 18
I regret not doing bmat well.
seeker1

What a laughable post.

Latest

Trending

Trending