The Student Room Group
There are eight universities in the UK that offer optometry degrees, and from what I'm reading none of them require A-level physics for 2010 entry; as Scherzando225 said, the requirements vary between three A-levels, two of which are sciences, or biology A-level plus another science and a third A-level. Have a look yourself, and if you're in doubt, e-mail the university to ask.

Anglia Ruskin
Aston
Bradford
Cardiff
City
Glasgow Caledonian
Manchester
Ulster

I do optometry without A-level physics, if you just didn't take it at A-level all will probably be fine. However, if you've taken it and want to drop because either you don't like physics or aren't very good at it, you should do some research and consider whether optometry is the right path for you. Good luck. :smile:
Reply 3
Hey, I have applied to do Optometry at Anglia Ruskin this year. If you dont mind me asking how is the course and the university? Btw I dont have an A-level in Physics either but I have still applied.
TheSownRose
There are eight universities in the UK that offer optometry degrees, and from what I'm reading none of them require A-level physics for 2010 entry; as Scherzando225 said, the requirements vary between three A-levels, two of which are sciences, or biology A-level plus another science and a third A-level. Have a look yourself, and if you're in doubt, e-mail the university to ask.

Anglia Ruskin
Aston
Bradford
Cardiff
City
Glasgow Caledonian
Manchester
Ulster

I do optometry without A-level physics, if you just didn't take it at A-level all will probably be fine. However, if you've taken it and want to drop because either you don't like physics or aren't very good at it, you should do some research and consider whether optometry is the right path for you. Good luck. :smile:

what subjects did you do and what grades did you get if you dont mind me asking.

Latest