The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I saw a spelling mistake. Therefore it is all completely fake and the Bible owns.
Reply 2
Well there is a lot of irony in the name '"intelligent" design'.
Reply 3
Ham22
yes it is stupid. what's your point of view?

just waiting for the religion comments who say god created the perfect humans
Reply 4
I agree that it's stupid.

But I'm more of a FSM guy, flying spaghetti monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 I've been touched by him many times.
Adonis
just waiting for the religion comments who say god created the perfect humans

Hah, so there's God?
Ham22
idiot.

the 'god botherers' won't even bother watching that video before they post their schpeel so.

Sorry? What's your problem?
Adonis

Thoughts?

I watched the video through till the end.

He makes a lot of assumptions though about people that believe in God. He just brings a **** load of one sided psuedo-evidence to the table. He is speculating as much as those that believe in God. Only difference been that he choses to say, there isn't a god where as thiests say that God exists.

Also, that pie chart about the birth defects, yea that explains the causes behind birth defects and WE might not know about the cause 75% of the time. But this brings up 2 questions immediately:
1) What % of births actually have birth defects?
2) Is he assuming, because we don't know the cause, that it is natural?

The point about the breathing through different holes etc. Who does he think thiests believe created Dolphins?

He also is just attacking the Christian version or perception of Intelligent design. Also all that stuff about not being able to live anywhere else in the universe is all irrelevent rubbish. Seriously, does anyone think there is any credit to that? What if there are creatures out there who have life just like us, but have different requirements for it? We need water, food, air etc. What if their requirements are totally different, is this outside the scope of the guys thinking? There is no evidence to suggest there is, but it could still be a possibility, no?

When he talks about the small margin of error in the amount of different gases in the atmosphere (Or atleast I think thats what he was blabbing on about), I thought that is a positive argument for intelligent design? That if it was 1% off, we wouldn't be able to live. Christians or religious people might argue that is argument for the existance of god, or atleast we are here for a purpose?

I'm not totally closed to Athiest thoughts or arguments, anyone who doesn't question their own beliefs is a moron. But this video, sorry has not done anything to discredit intelligent design in my opinion, or alteast what I thought to be intelligent design (incase its wrong :tongue:).
Ham22
what do you think.

YOU don't think at all.
Reply 9
This is such a tired debate. No one with any sense believes in "intelligent" design anymore, it actually hurts me to see people still acting like there is an open discussion about this.
Ham22
ok :smile: :woo:

:lolwut:
Good Apollo
This is such a tired debate. No one with any sense believes in "intelligent" design anymore, it actually hurts me to see people still acting like there is an open discussion about this.

Based on what? I'm sorry i'm not completely up to date on this debate.

Latest

Trending

Trending