The Student Room Group
Hiya. Well done on getting an interview!

I am at DMU doing Children's nursing. The interview is very relaxed and informal. You will go into a little alcove, and some people will call you up to a table to give in all your paperwork, like your CRB check and certificates. Then you will get called by the interviewers into a seperate room for your interview. Form talking to people they have said the wait in the alcove can be very, very long... so take a book or something to entertain you whilst you wait. I came from far away so I was one of the first to be interviewed.

They will ask you why you want to be a children's nurse, what it takes to be a good nurse, and what is going on in the nursing world at the moment (so swot up on the Nursing Times and Nursing Standard and pick an interesting story to talk about!) They also asked me if I had considered teaching, and learning disability nursing (because I worked with children who had special needs). Just be confident and do a bit of reading of nursing journals.

Getting an interview is really REALLY good... in my cohort, they had over 400 applicants for Children's Nursing, and they interviewed 150 and chose just 18! And if they don't think you are likely to get a place for Child branch, they will probably offer you adult. They did this for quite a few of my friends in my cohort, but say yes, you do want to be interviewed. They will like you more for being passionate.

GOOD LUCK and maybe see you around next year!
Thank you so much for the help, its very helpful...hopefully i will see you next year :-).

Latest