The Student Room Group

ICT CourseWork AQA Short Course. URGENT Question.

Ok. I am taking GCSE AQA ShortCourse ICT, and we have 3 different tasks. For my Task one ive done almost 200 pages, of work. For doing this much work, the examiner can still mark it correct? What will happen. I thought doing lots of work was a good thing, now im getting mixed messages. So basicaly I have done 200 pages for my complete Task 1.
An examiner can still mark it am i right?:eek3:
Reply 1
It depends if you have a word or page limit.
Reply 2
It also depends if the examiner is blind.

If they are blind, they cannot mark your work I am afraid :frown:
Reply 3
What do you mean blind lol, do you mean blind as if cannot see :P. Its implentation that i have done in which has taken up 179 Pages and then rest, evaluation, testing,design exc...

So..
Reply 4
I have done 5733 words (annotations of screenshots), and the rest screenshots, of the way im making the objective of the task, which is a website. And that took me 179 Pages.. What do you mean by word and page limit and how can I find those out?
Reply 5
How on earth did you manage 179 pages for the implementation of the website? You must of gone into a lot of detail. Mine's like 15 pages. Surely, that's enough.

As for the limit, I'm not aware of any limit but you should really ask your teacher. I once asked mine because my analysis was pretty long. He said it doesn't matter but should just do what the examiner wants.

Hope it all goes well.
Reply 6
Thank you. Yess you are doing the same as me for ICT :smile:. But how on the earth did you only do 15 pages lol. For implentation you have to do screenshots and also annotate it, (like say what you did). Its worth 45 Marks.I think 40 is about suitable amount for implentation however I did alot, but hopfuly it will be marked. I found doing the analysis for Task 3 quite difficult and am wondering what and how will we be able to do Task 2 lol.:rolleyes:
Reply 7
Can you check with your teacher or anyone cant find it were it says... dam hope they can still mark it all lol. If they dont then what do i do as,i thought doing MORE work was a good thing.!:eek3:

Dam really wanna now:confused:
Reply 8
Yeah, it's nice to know that there is another person doing the same coursework. I actually put a lot of detail in my implementation and I thought that 15 pages was quite a lot. I put quite a few screen shots and annotations. I sort of followed the structure of the exemplar of the 2007 implementation of a website. It did less than what I've done but got 37-45 marks (hmm...). What could you have written to make it so long?

I wouldn't worry about task three. It's just a database and we've got the approved AQA analysis for it, so we should know what to include. The same goes for task 2, it's a spreadsheet so it's probably easier than task 3.

If it doesn't say the limit anywhere then I wouldn't worry too much. There probably isn't one. My teacher hasn't been in for a while but I will try and ask him. You should ask yours as well.

Or, you could maybe drop AQA an email.
Reply 9
Thank you very much for the information. :smile: I have been looking for an exampler, everywere can you PM me the link to were you got it, or post on this forum. Thanks again.
Reply 10
The way in which, I had made so many pages is mainly as I actualy showed how I opened a text box, everything from that to showing the exact way in which i made a WordArt heading.
Reply 11
I sent a PM but, I'm not sure if it worked. Scroll down to Task 1 implementation. Here it is:

http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcses/maths_ict/current/ict_a_course.php

Oh, you are using word? I'm using HTML and CSS.
Reply 12
For the actual websites implentation Word, but for Making the website, Microsoft Publisher.
Reply 13
Hey people im doing the same coursework and i have just completed this project! woo?...nah ;( i'v still got another project to do because my teacher told me im doing ICT full coursework!!!!

-.- Anywayz for my first Task i managed to do 50 pages of the (stages in your creation). And my teacher told me that i will get full marks for it.

How on earth did you manage to do 179 pages !!!!!!???? Thats a bit off the scale dont you think....? -.^
Reply 14
Hanz_a93
Hey people im doing the same coursework and i have just completed this project! woo?...nah ;( i'v still got another project to do because my teacher told me im doing ICT full coursework!!!!

-.- Anywayz for my first Task i managed to do 50 pages of the (stages in your creation). And my teacher told me that i will get full marks for it.

How on earth did you manage to do 179 pages !!!!!!???? Thats a bit off the scale dont you think....? -.^

Hi,

Nice to know another person is also doing our coursework. I actually want to do full course but my school won't let us do it. You've already done the Hickley Travel coursework? My class is working quite slow; We are designing task 2.

Nice to know that your going to get full marks for your implementation. My teacher said the same about my design. I've done around the same for my implementation as you. But, my teacher made us do it in a table- listing all the performance criteria in one column. Then, in the rows next to it we have to give a screen shot and explain it. I'm not sure if this is right though. I have no idea how king101 managed 179 pages.

Anyway, could you tell me what else you have to do for the full course? Is the other project longer than the Hickley Travel one? I'm really thinking of doing it.

Thanks.
Reply 15
could some1 help me orn Task 3 ....

Latest

Trending

Trending