The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Not entirely sure how you go about changing.....I believe you'd have to speak to your uni (if you're still doing the law course) to leave (you may well still have to pay this years fees and rent) and apply through UCAS again for midwifery. I've gone through all the reasearch into entry requirements for midwifery, because that's what I wanted to do before choosing social work, and psychology does count as a science in quite a few universities, but for some of the top ones like Southampton, it doesn't and you'd need biology or human biology. Still, it's worth checking with individual universities and seeing if they'd consider it.

EDIT:
It's not as simple as just 'swapping' to midwifery....the 2 subjects aren't related....you will have to go through the application process again, even if it's for the same uni. You'd have to start at the time other students were beginning the course, as you can't just come onto the course part way through. You'll need to have an interview and CRB check (even if you've already had one for law). You might also have to take some simple maths and reading tests, even if you got good GCSE/A level grades

Latest