Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Game Bargains Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 164 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yet another Indie bundle... the "Be Mine Indie Game Bundle" http://groupees.com/bemine
    • Wasteland Angel (PC Steam only)
    • Sideway New York (PC Steam only)
    • Xotic (PC Download + Steam)
    • Beep (PC/MAC download + PC Steam)
    • The Ball (PC download + Steam)

I think we've got about enough of these by now... two, with Humble Bundle and Indie Royale seemed like a nice sweet spot to me.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Yet another Indie bundle... the "Be Mine Indie Game Bundle" http://groupees.com/bemine
    • Wasteland Angel (PC Steam only)
    • Sideway New York (PC Steam only)
    • Xotic (PC Download + Steam)
    • Beep (PC/MAC download + PC Steam)
    • The Ball (PC download + Steam)

I think we've got about enough of these by now... two, with Humble Bundle and Indie Royale seemed like a nice sweet spot to me.
    The problem is that it started out with some of the best indie games out there - I mean, the first two HIBs had World of Goo, Gish, Braid, Machinarium, Osmos etc in them, whereas nowadays we're seeing decent games, but definitely not at the same level. Well, I think the HBs have kept a decent standard, but these pretenders are lucky to have one game of the standard that HB reaches with three or more of its games each time. I don't mind all of these extra bundles becoming available, but I won't bother with most of them like I used to, as I just rack up a Steam library full of crappy indie games I'm never going to play.

I'm sure it damages other indie devs, too. If I want to check out some indie games, I can get five at a time for no money at all, so why should I bother paying £12 for Trine 2 on Steam? Also, I got Trine in a HIB, and I absolutely loved it, but the fact that I might be able to save some money for waiting for the sequel to show up in a future bundle is a real reason why I haven't bought it yet.

In general, though, I don't think we should discourage the rise of the bundle. They already sell indie packs on Steam, right? It might be nice to see some sort of integration for supporting this sort of system into Steam or something like that.
    • 164 followers

ReputationRep:
    Indie Royale's new bundle came around quickly! The aptly-named "Alpha Collection" (and I've just noticed a "#1" in the title of the page :holmes:) is effectively a pre-order for three games currently at alpha stage - Towns, 3079 and Wyv and Keep - but you get to download a copy of the latest build right now.

http://www.indieroyale.com/
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    I certainly hope #2 will include Prison Architect :ninja:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    I certainly hope #2 will include Prison Architect :ninja:
    They're still saying that PA might not be out until next year, so I'd assume not.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    They're still saying that PA might not be out until next year, so I'd assume not.
    Yeah but they've recently said how they want to follow a Minecraft style approach from around Summer this year where people pay and get the current build the devs are working on :yy:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but they've recently said how they want to follow a Minecraft style approach from around Summer this year where people pay and get the current build the devs are working on :yy:
    True, but I'm not sure that this works well with a "Pay what you want" release.
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    Trine is currently available for 69p on the Mac app store. It might be a couple of years old, but at that price you can't turn it down.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Free Cities in Motion download when completing quick survey: http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/c...survey-1158589
    • 161 followers

Not your typical bargain but Game and Gamestation have reduced the price of some of their pre-owned stock. List here.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    FM2012 is £7.99 on Steam for 48 hours only, great price for anyone interested

http://store.steampowered.com/app/71..._7_suggest__13
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    With a £5 voucher code (EX5OFF) and Quidco/Topcashback, Mass Effect 3 can be yours for less than £30 delivered. All thanks to your fine friends at Tesco Entertainment. Go get 'em, tiger.

Also heard that Psychonauts is £2.99 on Steam for the next week - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/psyc...-steam-1162073
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dear everyone, take the above two posts' advice and get Psychonauts and FM12!!
    Borderlands GOTY £5 is always a good shout.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    Am I correctly remembering that Civ V was reduced to around £5 in recentish Steam sales? I want to get it... But at £20, if the drop is that big I think I'd rather wait to see when it's on sale again.
    :woo: it's on sale again! £4.99 for standard, £7.49 for GOTY.

Any opinions on whether GOTY is worth it?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    :woo: it's on sale again! £4.99 for standard, £7.49 for GOTY.

Any opinions on whether GOTY is worth it?
    for the extra content? yes, BUT they are releasing a significant expansion soonish, so I'd be inclined to hold out
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    for the extra content? yes
    I have paid good attention to this part of your post and gone for it
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Steam came up with an "Update News" window telling me:
    To thank you for your purchase, we have given you free guest passes to share with your friends. These passes will let your selected friends play the full game for three full days.
    The purchase and passes referring to Nuclear Dawn. I spent a solid 5 minutes wondering when the hell I bought it because I was sure it was an online-only game that I deliberately didn't buy when it was on sale in December. Turned out I had done that, but it was included in an IndieRoyale bundle in January...though I'm still a little miffed about getting some guest passes (or only being notified of them) now, which seems really random since I registered the game on my Steam account over two months ago :s:

Anyway, on the topic of IndieRoyale, their next bundle is due out very soon - they're accepting pre-orders now and it should presumably go live at some point on Saturday.

And sometime last week the original Postal was added to IndieGala's second bundle. I've finally relented and bought the bundle, though as cheap as it was I can't really say it's that great a deal for me - including the two late additions (Postal, plus Fruit Blitz for Android phones) of the maximum 14 games available in the most expensive bundle I was missing a grand total of 4 games (the two late additions, Fortix 2 in the cheap bundle and RoboBlitz in the middle bundle)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha I got Nuclear Dawn exclusively for the winter achievement.
    Such a stupid move but oh well :P
    • 164 followers

ReputationRep:
    Following on from Dali's post, the new Indie Royale bundle is up for download now: http://www.indieroyale.com/bundle/th...cks-day-bundle

This Bundle is headlined by Flying Wild Hog's Hard Reset, an explosive FPS with a dark sci-fi, cyberpunk setting, available on Windows as a Steam key, Desura key and DRM-free download. Hard Reset aims to scratch the old-school shooter itch with fast-paced action, while it appeals to new school fans with gorgeous visuals and a deep, experience-based weapon upgrade system - a Hard but fulfilling namesake.

Next up is Brawsome's Jolly Rover, a jaunty Windows and Mac 2D point-and-click adventure, available on Steam/DRM-free for both formats, and as a Desura Windows key. The acclaimed adventure game offers a humorous piratical narrative voyage, featuring dozens of fully animated and voiced characters, and even has a fully integrated hint system for those walking the difficulty plank.

Also featured in the bundle is the mathematically stimulating, Steam-enabled Windows and Mac abstract RTS game Vertex Dispenser by Smestorp. Players learn how to manipulate vertices' colors on a geometric field, building color-coded powers for special abilities to defeat the opposition. Rounds can be played out solo or online with a friend across both Mac and Windows operating systems.

Rounding out the bundle is an Indie Royale exclusive Windows and Mac debut (DRM-free and Desura) with Going Loud Studios' acclaimed satirical platformer, DLC Quest. Dubbed the Xbox Live Indie Game of the Year in 2011 by Official Xbox Magazine, and now available outside of consoles, DLC Quest pokes fun at an industry seemingly obsessed with downloadable content. Before players can save the girl, they must play through 16 (faux!) DLC packs to enable animation, sound and even... pausing?
    Two initial bonuses start out the Saint Patrick's Bundle, with more to come! Firstly, the creators of DLC Quest present the bonus DRM-free Windows RPG overhead shooter Lair of the Evildoer. In the amusingly scripted title, players collect over a score weapons and level up while battling hordes of monsters in randomly generated levels. Secondly, the creator of Vertex Dispenser has created Vertex Vortex Remix Cortex, a new puzzle re-imagining of Vertex Dispenser using just simple mouse controls, and exclusive to this Indie Royale bundle for DRM-free Windows & Mac download.

Those who pre-ordered or pay more than the minimum for this Bundle receive a retro bonus: the NES-inspired 15-track album O.S.T: Original Soundtrack from Daniel Capo, available in FLAC and MP3 file formats.
    As always, generous purchasers keep the bundle price low and give more to developers, as Indie Royale runs on its familiar five-day model where the price will automatically increase as more people buy the bundle.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Humble Bundle for Android 2 is out!
    5 games; Avadon, Canabalt, Cogs, Zen Bound 2 and Swords and Soldiers for paying over the average.
    Looks good. I've got it and I'm currently testing Canabalt on my San Francisco. (the Humble bundle app won't download for me though)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 2, 2014
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.