The Student Room Group

TSR Game Bargains Thread

Scroll to see replies

So begins my overdraft.
Original post by Hasan
I can't access it either. Anyone know if GTA IV is on sale?

EDIT: It is :biggrin: Anyone know if it'll get even cheaper?

It will almost certainly get cheaper. I bought the complete GTA pack (GTA I, II, III, Vice City, San Andreas, IV, IV: EoLC) for £5 a while ago (christmas sale, I think) so I imagine there'll be a similar or the same deal on during this sale.
Buy Tom Clancy Pack
Includes 17 items: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter® 2 , Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Desert Siege™, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Island Thunder™, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown™, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas 2, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® 3 Gold, Tom Clancy's EndWar™, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X™, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction™ Deluxe Edition, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction Insurgency Pack, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.® 2

for around £45 WOOOOOW :eek:

they are gonna be making some money
Oh how the business world must envy Valve's Steam. Have millions of people wrapped round their little finger. Got people buying things they don't want or need, hanging on every little promotion. Bliss.

No wonder EA are trying to copy it, but I think a company that tries to get people to pay $100 (real) to build a rollercoaster on Theme Park doesn't have the mindset to make such an idea successful, though Valve are no saints.
Reply 2184
Original post by hassi94
It will almost certainly get cheaper. I bought the complete GTA pack (GTA I, II, III, Vice City, San Andreas, IV, IV: EoLC) for £5 a while ago (christmas sale, I think) so I imagine there'll be a similar or the same deal on during this sale.

Thanks. I think I remember seeing that, not sure why I didn't get it then.
Original post by Hasan
Thanks. I think I remember seeing that, not sure why I didn't get it then.

its a tenner at the moment so kinda expensive to what he paid for
The Sega Pack blew my mind :zomg:
I'm so glad it's finally here

Tempted to get Portal 2 and Deus Ex HR. Not sure whether to wait though as I'm hoping to get Arkham City, Saints Row 3 and Skyrim on sale too!
Just got Dues Ex, flash sale for £5, not bad.
Bought Magicka back when it was released, otherwise would've bought it now.. still not completed it though, I was too distracted by inventing the most potent mines with which to blow my friend to pieces :evil:

Will see if anything cool comes up, don't have an xbox controller and I don't really enjoy FPS or TPS games on a keyboard!
Original post by hassi94

:five:
Original post by Darkphilosopher
"The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later." :biggrin:

Original post by padanew
Yeah i'm getting the same error, i'm being persistent though! :biggrin:
That'll happen a lot every 24 hours when the main bunch of daily deals change. From experience, I'm avoiding trying to buy anything until 2-3 hours after the deals change, as the site is often far less temperamental by then :smile:

Time for me to pick up the CK2 DLC. I had no intention of buying Sword of Islam for £8 when apparently all it did was let you play Muslim leaders (which you could mod in before anyway :erm:) but for a couple of quid it's not so bad, and there's a bunch of other DLC I don't have too, so £8 for everything is better than £8 for the one bit of DLC (or £32 for everything)
I'm undecided about Legend of Grimrock, but apparently have 33 hours left to think about it (daily deals are running for 36 hours and not 24? Eh?) so I might come back and get that tomorrow.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dalimyr
That'll happen a lot every 24 hours when the main bunch of daily deals change. From experience, I'm avoiding trying to buy anything until 2-3 hours after the deals change, as the site is often far less temperamental by then :smile:

Time for me to pick up the CK2 DLC. I had no intention of buying Sword of Islam for £8 when apparently all it did was let you play Muslim leaders (which you could mod in before anyway :erm:) but for a couple of quid it's not so bad, and there's a bunch of other DLC I don't have too, so £8 for everything is better than £8 for the one bit of DLC (or £32 for everything)
I'm undecided about Legend of Grimrock, but apparently have 33 hours left to think about it (daily deals are running for 36 hours and not 24? Eh?) so I might come back and get that tomorrow.

This happened last time, the deals ran for 36 hours, but new deals started every 24.

This sale is interesting though, the combination of Daily Deals, Flash Sales (starting and ending at different times) and The Community's Choice (again starting at a totally different time and ending too) is going to hammer Valve's servers :tongue:

The best deal by far, if you have none of the games, is the SEGA pack. Incredibly crazy price.
(edited 11 years ago)
Greenman Gaming are offering Hacker Evolution for free, plus you get a 20% discount voucher once you've ordered it.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/simulation/hacker-evolution-untold/
Original post by Magnum Opus
This sale is interesting though, the combination of Daily Deals, Flash Sales (starting and ending at different times) and The Community's Choice (again starting at a totally different time and ending too) is going to hammer Valve's servers :tongue:
First community choice was Saints Row The Third...which was a) the only game of the three that I already had and b) the worst of the three games on offer. The community sucks balls at choosing :hmpf:

Flash sales are slightly screwed up as well - every time you view the homepage, it seems to randomly switch between showing the 8-hour "flash sale" discount and the 11-day "summer sale" discount. Looks weird seeing "Short deals. Get 'em while they last" and looking down to see Rayman or Warlock saying "Offer ends in 10 days 10:[noparse]27[/noparse]:00", which isn't a short deal in the context of this sale :biggrin:
Sanctum for £1.74 flash sale and Serious Sam 3 for £10. I couldn't see the latter cheaper elsewhere so I thought now was the time.

As for the community's choice, unless stronghold 3 sucks then there's not really anything which stands out for me there.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Snagprophet
Sanctum for £1.74 flash sale and Serious Sam 3 for £10. I couldn't see the latter cheaper elsewhere so I thought now was the time.

As for the community's choice, unless stronghold 3 sucks then there's not really anything which stands out for me there.
Haven't played it, but going by the metacritic score of 47/100, it apparently does suck :p: If it was better, I might have voted for it, but GRAW2 seems to be the obvious choice from the current lineup. I've already got Brink and it's pretty crap as well...well, that's perhaps a little unfair - it's nothing special, let's put it that way.
Original post by Dalimyr
Haven't played it, but going by the metacritic score of 47/100, it apparently does suck :p: If it was better, I might have voted for it, but GRAW2 seems to be the obvious choice from the current lineup. I've already got Brink and it's pretty crap as well...well, that's perhaps a little unfair - it's nothing special, let's put it that way.

I have GRAW 1 but yeah. I guess I'll vote for GRAW 2 but I won't get it.
Dammit, I'm going to be away this weekend without internet access. I hope I don't miss any good deals :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest