The Student Room Group

TSR Game Bargains Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2200
The Trines are 75% off.... Only a few hours left. GET IT! NOW!
Original post by Dalimyr
First community choice was Saints Row The Third...which was a) the only game of the three that I already had and b) the worst of the three games on offer. The community sucks balls at choosing :hmpf:

Flash sales are slightly screwed up as well - every time you view the homepage, it seems to randomly switch between showing the 8-hour "flash sale" discount and the 11-day "summer sale" discount. Looks weird seeing "Short deals. Get 'em while they last" and looking down to see Rayman or Warlock saying "Offer ends in 10 days 10:[noparse]27[/noparse]:00", which isn't a short deal in the context of this sale :biggrin:

Original post by Snagprophet
Sanctum for £1.74 flash sale and Serious Sam 3 for £10. I couldn't see the latter cheaper elsewhere so I thought now was the time.

As for the community's choice, unless stronghold 3 sucks then there's not really anything which stands out for me there.

I voted for Batman, really wanted that.

I voted Stronghold 3 this time, even though I don't want it, the other games are pretty meh :tongue:

Original post by Darkphilosopher
Dammit, I'm going to be away this weekend without internet access. I hope I don't miss any good deals :s-smilie:

Steam mobile :wink2:
The sale has begun. Prepare your wallets. :colone:

What purchases have you made so far?

I have just bought Skyrim after looking though all the publisher packs for anything I might like to buy. The only pack that stood out was the THQ pack but there was only a four games I wanted so I haven't bought it, although I am still considering Metro 2033.
Original post by Scott1541
The sale has begun. Prepare your wallets. :colone:

What purchases have you made so far?

I have just bought Skyrim after looking though all the publisher packs for anything I might like to buy. The only pack that stood out was the THQ pack but there was only a four games I wanted so I haven't bought it, although I am still considering Metro 2033.

Just gonna tell you, that this thread will be merged with the TSR bargain thread like the steam summer sale thread form yesterday :smile: (someone got there before you :tongue: loool)
(edited 11 years ago)
Are there any Half-Life 2 deals on steam at the moment? Still haven't been able to play Episode 2
Original post by Iqbal007
Just gonna tell you, that this thread will be merged with the TSR bargain thread like the steam summer sale thread form yesterday :smile: (someone got there before you :tongue: loool)

I thought it was strange that there wasn't a thread already.

* To the mod who is going to move this thread, just delete it :smile: *

EDIT: Too late, these mods must be ninjas
Original post by itsmyname
Are there any Half-Life 2 deals on steam at the moment? Still haven't been able to play Episode 2
Yep, they're all 50% off for the duration of the summer sale. They may drop to 66% or 75% off for a smaller duration (could be 8-10 hours or whatever it is for the 'flash deals', could be 36 hours for the 'daily deals'), but if Ep2's the only one you're missing then it'd be silly to quibble over whether you pay £3 (50% off) or £1.50 (75% off) or anything in between.
I thought it was strange that there wasn't a thread already.

* To the mod who is going to move this thread, just delete it :smile: *
Too late :p:
Does the whole sale actually finish on the 23rd?
Does the whole sale actually finish on the 23rd?
Er, yes and no. The 23rd marks the final day of sales, but because sales don't start at midnight over here, it technically carries over to the next day. Sale will officially end at 6pm on July 24th :smile:
Original post by Magnum Opus

Steam mobile :wink2:

Don't have one atm :colonhash:
Original post by Dalimyr
Er, yes and no. The 23rd marks the final day of sales, but because sales don't start at midnight over here, it technically carries over to the next day. Sale will officially end at 6pm on July 24th :smile:

I guess that is a both good and bad thing for me at the same time. I'm going to be on holiday next week so I will miss most of the sale, no doubt my wallet will be pleased to hear this.

I'm not really after many more games as I've bough Metro 2033 and Skyrim today but I hope Killing Floor doesn't go on sale at a ridiculously low price while I am away, I want to get it cheap to play with friends.
Really hope Assassin's Creed Revelations is the next community pick. I already own Rage and it is terrible and not very interested in The Darkness II.
I would very much like Assassin's Creed Revelations for a tenner if people could vote for that in the next community choice please :tongue:

Edit: Haha, beaten to it. Maybe it will get through easily on its own merits
Steam Summer Sale's on, better get my wallet ready....
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by rich2606
I would very much like Assassin's Creed Revelations for a tenner if people could vote for that in the next community choice please :tongue:

Edit: Haha, beaten to it. Maybe it will get through easily on its own merits
If the community has any common sense, ACR should get it comfortably. Rage is ****ing horrendous and The Darkness II is little more than a generic mindless shooter. I already own all three games, but purely because it's the only good game out of the three, Revelations easily gets my vote.

I guess that is a both good and bad thing for me at the same time. I'm going to be on holiday next week so I will miss most of the sale, no doubt my wallet will be pleased to hear this.

I'm not really after many more games as I've bough Metro 2033 and Skyrim today but I hope Killing Floor doesn't go on sale at a ridiculously low price while I am away, I want to get it cheap to play with friends.
Sorry, my mistake on my above post. I thought July 23rd was the last day, but it's July 22nd, so sale officially ends at 6pm on July 23rd, not the 24th as I previously said. On the positive side, since it's known already that there are 11 indie bundles (one for each day), that hopefully means we won't be getting any waste of a day; Steam sales all too often have had six days of sales and then the seventh day is a "Did you miss these?" day where they just put up whatever the top-selling item for each of the previous six days was. Hopefully none of that with this sale so it's 11 days of new sales each day :crossedf:
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Max Payne 3
Anno 2070
Payday: The Heist
Tribes: Ascend Starter Pack
From Dust
Sonic Generations
The Binding of Isaac
Indie Bundle II

Not too bad but I already have the ones I'm interested in. That said £1.73 for all of the Binding of Issac content (including Wrath of the Lamb) is bound to get sales.

Oh and, seeming as the game in question is on sale, I should casually leave this here... [video="youtube;LemZaeW7q_0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LemZaeW7q_0&feature=g-all-u[/video]
Reply 2217
Original post by dknt
The Trines are 75% off.... Only a few hours left. GET IT! NOW!

I missed Trine?! :'(
Reply 2218
Original post by Mo-Amin
I missed Trine?! :'(

Fraid so :frown: Both Trine 1 and 2 for £3.50
10 minutes until Assassins Creed: Revelations goes on sale...

Quick Reply

Latest