The Student Room Group

TSR Game Bargains Thread

Scroll to see replies

I used to adore Commandos, but when I bought the pack the last time it was reduced, I just couldn't get back into it. Also, bear in mind that both Behind Enemy Lines and Beyond The Call Of Duty have horrific issues with speed, and inability to save games. There are some fixes on the forums, but I couldn't make any of them work.
How many days are they going to keep doing these 'one day sales' for? They're pretty good, but very few games which I'm interested in have come up yet.
Reply 122
I'd imagine until the end of the sale (4th July)?
I opened Steam at 5.45pm waiting for the daily sale update, and then completey forgot about it until now :facepalm:
Not that I'm going to miss out, it just annoyed me that I was waiting for it then forgot.
Reply 123
bear in mind that both Behind Enemy Lines and Beyond The Call Of Duty have horrific issues with speed
Yeah, I've got one of them (Beyond the Call of Duty, I think?) and I'm aware of how badly the speed problems affect gameplay :frown: But I was hoping that the newer games wouldn't suffer from the same issues...and, well, even if they do then it's only £3 that I've 'wasted' (though I do have older computers lying around the house, one of which would comfortably be slow enough for the classic games on Steam - it's a 700MHz Pentium 3 which my parents bought for me shortly after The Sims came out...)
I'm not sure about Men of Courage, but I know Destination Berlin is fine. It's just not all that fun, I found.
One mustn't overlook the XBLA deals with all this here Steam madness :fyi:

Defense Grid, 400 Points
PB Winterbottom, 400 Points
Rocket Riot, 400 Points
Darwinia+, 800 Points *
Chime, 240 Points
Poker Smash, 400 Points

All available to Gold customers, or those folk what cashed in their free month of sympathy Gold for getting that there pesky RRoD :ninja:

* Bear in mind the Introversion Complete Pack (Darwinia, Multiwinia, DEFCON and Uplink) is going for a fiver on Steam in their sale before you get too tempted by this badboy!
X-COM :awesome: Cheers, Dali :yy:
Oh, ****. I just had a look at the general sale. It ends on July 4th. I get Steam back on July 1st. My bank balance will punch me to death.
Reply 128
Decided to buy the xcom pack and the commandos pack as a reward for some hardcore revision. I always end up emulating x-com via WinUAE, so will be nice to have a proper PC version, also I think I must have bought most the commandos games at some point in my life, but cannot for the life of me find all the cds.
Reply 129
Illusionary
X-COM :awesome: Cheers, Dali :yy:

Fantastic games :yep: Except for Enforcer...let's just pretend it never existed :ninja: But X-COM: Interceptor is very underrated, I feel. It and the now-defunct MMO Diaspora were probably the first games I played that got me interested in the space flight genre of gaming, then I tried Elite a couple of years later and loved it, then somewhere down the line I bought Freelancer and X2: The Threat, and since then I've gone on to truly admire the X series of games (I've got X2: The Threat, X3: Reunion and X3: Terran Conflict, which happens to be running on my desktop PC at the moment actually :biggrin:). Freelancer wasn't bad either, but had quite a few things 'wrong' with it that could have been changed to make it much better, but that's a rant for another time in another thread :p:
Reply 130
Can you stop running X3:TC in the background now? :colonhash: You're messing up my tidy list of people only playing TF2.
Reply 131
estel
Can you stop running X3:TC in the background now? :colonhash: You're messing up my tidy list of people only playing TF2.

I'm not running it in the background :p: I'm on here on my laptop while waiting for this painfully slow M6 to move from sector to sector in X3TC on my desktop, hehe.
Reply 132
Dalimyr
I'm not running it in the background :p: I'm on here on my laptop while waiting for this painfully slow M6 to move from sector to sector in X3TC on my desktop, hehe.

From what I've seen, it's been running pretty constantly for the last 96 or so hours! :p:
Reply 133
estel
From what I've seen, it's been running pretty constantly for the last 96 or so hours! :p:

Your point being...? :biggrin: It's been left running while I've been asleep, to be fair, but when I've been awake I haven't really been that far away from the desktop at any point :o:
Reply 134
Today's offerings

90% off
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage - £1.70

75% off
The Guild II + The Guild II: Pirates of the European Seas - £5.75
The Void - £5.00
Red Faction: Guerrilla - £3.75
Torchlight - £3.75
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 - £1.75
Shatter - £1.75

66% off
Left 4 Dead - £4.42

40% off
Mass Effect 2 - £17.99

Didn't think Mass Effect 2 would be any cheaper :frown: For anyone who doesn't already have it, Torchlight is a must-have, especially for under £4
Reply 135
RPS really like the Void. Sold me with this final paragraph though:

RPS
As a kind of epilogue, let me finish by saying that I’m going to be doing one final piece of writing on The Void later in the week on the subject of breasts and art. Because, y’know, The Void’s got me thinking. About breasts. And art. It should be good. Come for the breasts! Stay for the art.
Reply 136
Whats Red Orchestra like? Seems fairly good but looks very dated.

Also Port Royale 2 at 90p?

I guess I can't go wrong at those prices, but I'm still relucant to spend any money lol.
Reply 137
And today...

85% off
Thief: Deadly Shadows - £2.09

80% off
Madballs in Babo: Invasion - £1.39

75% off
Tropico 3: Steam Special Edition - £4.99
Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventures - £3.74
BioShock - £3.49
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - £2.49
Titan Quest - £2.49

66% off
X3: Gold (contains X3: Reunion, X3: Terran Conflict and X3: Terran Conflict Soundtrack) - £10.19

50% off
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom - £1.99

40% off
All Dragon Age: Origins games - £varies
Reply 138
Get Pb Winterbottom
Reply 139
Any thoughts on Tropico?

Quick Reply

Latest