The Student Room Group

TSR Game Bargains Thread

Go to the end of the thread. Noone checks here
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
http://www.dealspwn.com/category/games-deals/

Rock Band Beatles (PS3) £12.98 @ amazon!
Reply 3
JohnnySPal
Sticky :thumbsup:
As if there was ever any question of that :p: And I may get sick of it, but for now it gets a pretty coloured title as well :biggrin:
Reply 4
this-is-sparta

Most of them are usually quite poor, forum threads serve as pro filters :p:
Bioshock 2 (PC)

£23.99 from coolshop. Click here
Reply 6
Forza Motorsport 3 (Xbox 360), £24.99 from ChoicesUK

Not really the cheapest its ever been but still the cheapest around, brilliant game!
Reply 7
estel
There's clearly a need for this. I'll try to keep the OP updated as much as possible with all the deals which are running at the moment. Please post anything really good that you find :smile:

PC

Zero Gear - Free weekend on Steam. 25% off for the duration.

King's Bounty Games - 75% off on Steam

Crayon Physics - Pay what you want

PS3

Durno

Nadda

Best Preorder Prices:

Mass Effect 2 PC? 360?
Bioshock 2
PC PS3? 360? Collector's Edition: PC, PS3, 360
Heavy Rain PS3?
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC? PS3? 360?
Final Fantasy XIII PS3? 360?
God of War 3 PS3

Expired:

Spoiler

Judging by that spoiler at the bottom, if you're planning on keeping a list of past offers, you're probably going to find yourself hitting the post character limit (20,000 characters? 25,000? I always forget which it is) at some point. It won't happen for a long, LONG time, but give me a poke when it does and I can slot in a new post #2 for you, or you can make a new post yourself and I can fiddle with the timestamp to move it to be post #2 :smile:
Reply 8
JohnnySPal
EDIT 3: Someone on HUKD has marked it as expired but it hasn't as of 19:47

Appears to be out of stock, as of a lot later.
Heavy Rain (PS3) £37.73 from The Hut

(incl free delivery)
Mass Effect 2 (PC) £26.99 Amazon & Play.com
i was sooo planning in posting this (like right now) becuase i didnt think you had one, then i saw this and was like wow i must be going blind, and then realised it was only started 2 days ago.
Bayonetta (360) at £29.99 new

Hows about we get a list of recommended price comparison sites in the OP? I personally like using http://www.find-games.co.uk/ and http://www.gamestracker.com. They do bring back different results by the way - the latter found Bayonetta at £29.99 but the former didn't - so it may be worth using both if you want to double check prices of a specific game...

Also with gamestracker you can get them to Email you if a game falls below a certain price on a website.
Reply 13
Reply 14

Heh, seeing as it's Tesco, is it definitely being sold at that price? They've got a history of cancelling large numbers of orders due to mispricing games on the website :p:
Reply 15
Dalimyr
Heh, seeing as it's Tesco, is it definitely being sold at that price? They've got a history of cancelling large numbers of orders due to mispricing games on the website :p:

Yeh, the link seems to be dead now :p:
Reply 16
Yeh, sounds like a lot of effort to get £10 :p:
Reply 17
Normal version of Bioshock 2 for console is £34.49 on Amazon and Argos.

Also, have a look at Zavvi's Mega Monday. Not sure when they will end, but there for anyone who wants to have a look tonight. A couple of highlights:
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - £17.95 (PS3)
Borderlands - £17.95 (PS3 & Xbox 360)
Reply 18
hobo06
Normal version of Bioshock 2 for console is £34.49 on Amazon and Argos.

That's not really a good deal, that's how much you pay for a new game from almost everywhere. HMV are one of the most expensive for games, Gamestation I find the best, loads of great games in the 2 for £20, brand new games are never more than £35.

Anyway, I can't wait to get Bioshock 2 it's gonna be awesome!!!:woo:
Reply 19
Beatlebum
That's not really a good deal, that's how much you pay for a new game from almost everywhere. HMV are one of the most expensive for games, Gamestation I find the best, loads of great games in the 2 for £20, brand new games are never more than £35.

Anyway, I can't wait to get Bioshock 2 it's gonna be awesome!!!:woo:

Considering it's the cheapest found so far (as far as I am aware), do you not think it should still be posted in this thread? That is kind of the point of the thread.

Quick Reply

Latest