The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

houseo2
i think id worked out moles 800/1000 x the concn which i think was 0.002 or something and then x mr of Na

I got like 3.6 something grams. :s-smilie:
Reply 81
not sure you rmeber any others we can discuss?
Reply 82
Oh ya dooooofs. Is this the salters thread? :o: I'm ocr chem f322, not f332. This thread was confuzzling me
houseo2
not sure you rmeber any others we can discuss?

Ermmm, what was the catalyst of something..I can't remember, but I put platinum. :confused:
what a bitch of an exam :-) lol
Reply 85
I Have No Imagination
But isn't Nucleophilic Substitution when the nucleophile has a lone pair of electrons? HBr doesn't have a lone pair of electrons? I'm so confused. :s-smilie:

No but it has a negative charge due to being paired with a Hydrogen and being an electronegative element. The delta negative charge attacks the positivity of the carbon atom causing substitution to occur.. I think :eek:

I didn't really like this paper much :o:
Reply 86
I Have No Imagination
Ermmm, what was the catalyst of something..I can't remember, but I put platinum. :confused:

Me too :woo:

I hope this thread is allowed. I think it is because salters isn't an international exam board :confused:
humphreysjunior13
what a bitch of an exam :-) lol

Agreed. :frown:
Reply 88
was the reaction on the second page prpagation of termination?
I Have No Imagination

I put phosphoric acid :s-smilie:
Louuu_xx
No but it has a negative charge due to being paired with a Hydrogen and being an electronegative element. The delta negative charge attacks the positivity of the carbon atom causing substitution to occur.. I think :eek:

I didn't really like this paper much :o:

Oh boo :frown:
I'm not liking this paper very much now.
I've failed. :bawling:
What did you put for the grams of sodium?
Emmalouise1990
I put phosphoric acid :s-smilie:

Yeah I think that's right aswell.
houseo2
was the reaction on the second page prpagation of termination?

I put initiation which is wrong. But I think it may have been propagation, not sure though.
Reply 93
Reaction conditions for alcohol to alkene... agggghh. What are they? My revision guide told me concentrated sulfuric acid and reflux :s-smilie:
Reply 94
ye thats what i said
Reply 95
anyone know whether the reaction was propgation or not?
Reply 96
I Have No Imagination
Oh boo :frown:
I'm not liking this paper very much now.
I've failed. :bawling:
What did you put for the grams of sodium?

I'm not sure. I can't remember most of the questions. My brain has blocked it all out :erm:
It seems quite a few people struggled as well. :frown:

I think I was ok up to the article. Then I failed :cry:
Louuu_xx
Reaction conditions for alcohol to alkene... agggghh. What are they? My revision guide told me concentrated sulfuric acid and reflux :s-smilie:

I put water and a catalyst of hot temperature and pressure. I think refluxing with concentrated sulphuric acid is also right. I remember it can be either one.
Reply 98
what properties were the pipes, and also what did you say the uses were for that high tensile film thing.
Reply 99
I Have No Imagination
I put water and a catalyst of hot temperature and pressure. I think refluxing with concentrated sulphuric acid is also right. I remember it can be either one.

:woo: awesome :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending