The Student Room Group

has humanity been the best thing for planet earth?

im a new member, my aim is to pose questions that allow people on TSR to think randomly and debate with echother. this is first of hopefully a long string of interesting topics to come.

We as humans are one of many things on things on the planet. due to our suppose genius we have dominated earth. my question to the members of TSR is has humanity been the best thing for planet earth?

in addition to comments on questions what do people think of the question?
al101
im a new member, my aim is to pose questions that allow people on TSR to think randomly and debate with echother. this is first of hopefully a long string of interesting topics to come.

We as humans are one of many things on things on the planet. due to our suppose genius we have dominated earth. my question to the members of TSR is are humans the most important things on earth?

in addition to comments on questions what do people think of the question?

Important in what context?
I think you should rename the title of the thread.
Reply 3
this-is-sparta
I think you should rename the title of the thread.

changed
I dont like Philosophy Questions, waste of time
Reply 5
I think humanity has been the worst thing for planet earth. Great for us, but bad for the earth. We're nightmare tenants.
Reply 6
in terms of the planet as an object, just add to the likelihood of it being destroyed. i guess that means bad :erm:
Reply 7
probably the worst
nexttime
in terms of the planet as an object, just add to the likelihood of it being destroyed. i guess that means bad :erm:

barely. we could actively try to destroy the earth as hard as we could and we'd barely scratch it
What humanity?

I see no humanity.
Reply 10
Whentherobinmakeshisnest
barely. we could actively try to destroy the earth as hard as we could and we'd barely scratch it

at the moment, true. And i was about to post 'no positive points' but i guess there is - it would get our protection from potential threats, as mush as that is (or will be) worth.

So what's more likely - us blowing the earth apart or us stopping a force that would otherwise have done so :dontknow:
Reply 11
What a stupid question.
Reply 12
Well I think so. We can do a lot of things under the sun.

Latest