The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Elspungo
hey, im doing english and history at sussex, just wondering if anyone else is doing the same course or similar??

Presumably the same people who are in your lectures? :s:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
im not there yet, im starting in october.....but from that response i can already feel the friendly warm atmosphere....
Reply 3
Sorry, International Relations here. Although I might take some History modules...
I'm doing something completely unrelated to English and History (Artificial Intelligence), but I just wanted to say hi so you know that we're not all like the unfriendly poster! :smile:
Reply 5
phew. well who knows, we may be halls 2gether. yeah do history modules, as history rocks. But im very impressed with the artificial intellegence studying sounds intense and intriging
Elspungo
phew. well who knows, we may be halls 2gether. yeah do history modules, as history rocks. But im very impressed with the artificial intellegence studying sounds intense and intriging

Hopefully :smile: I've read a lot of books on AI for pleasure so I guess studying it will be more like a hobby than a chore! What halls have you applied for?
Reply 7
Yeah, history is a hobby for me, so i cant wait 2 get started. Urm, my first choice is park houses i think, then east slope, then park villiage. how bout u?
Reply 8
I'll be doing human sciences but thought i'd also just say hello anyway!

Also, i don't think the first poster was trying to be nasty...

I'm so impatient for my accommodation details now, i just wanna knoooooow!
Elspungo
Yeah, history is a hobby for me, so i cant wait 2 get started. Urm, my first choice is park houses i think, then east slope, then park villiage. how bout u?

I've chosen Lewes Court Phase 2, then Phase 1, then Brighthelm.

allisandro - I know what you mean about waiting for info on accommodation! I'm going on hols next week so hopefully the info will be on the doormat when I come back!
Reply 10
hallucination
I've chosen Lewes Court Phase 2, then Phase 1, then Brighthelm.

allisandro - I know what you mean about waiting for info on accommodation! I'm going on hols next week so hopefully the info will be on the doormat when I come back!

I'm going away the week after so am hoping the same thing!
One friend is doing English, another English and Philosophy.

Sussex is my insurance, so if I go there I'll be doing English Language and Linguistics.
Reply 12
but will we not find out about accomdation until after we get r results. The form doesnt actually have to be sent off till the 1st of august, but i sent mine off straight away. I just cant wait 2 get there now. This summer holiday is already started 2 drag a bit and my brain needs some stimulation as its turning 2 moosh...to the library
Elspungo
but will we not find out about accomdation until after we get r results. The form doesnt actually have to be sent off till the 1st of august, but i sent mine off straight away. I just cant wait 2 get there now. This summer holiday is already started 2 drag a bit and my brain needs some stimulation as its turning 2 moosh...to the library

allisandro and I have already got our results so we have unconditional offers...we should get our accommodation through at the end of july/beginning of august whereas those waiting for results will receive the info after results (I think!).

I'm working full time at the moment (second gap year!) so haven't had time to relax really...looking forward to starting at uni again so I can get out of the 9-5!
Reply 14
Elspungo
im not there yet, im starting in october.....but from that response i can already feel the friendly warm atmosphere....

Eek, sorry! Missed your point completely there... :eek:
Reply 15
no worries raindance, i overeacted slightly anyway as i didnt make it clear that im startin in October. Oh dear 9-5, so yeah must be lookin forward 2 student life!
Reply 16
I'm working 8.30-4.30ish at the mo (i love flexitime!) but have only one more week to go, then 2 months off before sussex! hurrah!

did y'all get those blue booklets? I've got two now, i got one last year as well!
Reply 17
blue booklet?
dogtanian
One friend is doing English, another English and Philosophy.

Sussex is my insurance, so if I go there I'll be doing English Language and Linguistics.

I'm doing Philo, should be good fun. :smile:
Always thought about doing linguistics - TBH it's more my "natural" talent than philosophy
(somehow got full marks on my Eng Lang AS!) but i eventually decided against it.

For some reason I thought that you only study lingustics if you want to teach English abroad,
though that seems kinda silly when you realise philo has no specific direction either!
Maybe I'll take an extra unit somewhere in the course. Linguistics or Anthropology would be great.

BTW allissandro, I met a guy called Paris when I visited who also wanted to do Human Sciences - top bloke!
allisandro
I'm working 8.30-4.30ish at the mo (i love flexitime!) but have only one more week to go, then 2 months off before sussex! hurrah!

did y'all get those blue booklets? I've got two now, i got one last year as well!

Ah, lucky you! I'm working until the end of August and then I'm going on holiday again for a week so I'll pretty much have a fortnight at home before Sussex...can't wait though!

Yeah I got the blue booklet although it didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know, apart from the moving in date...looks like we move in the weekend of the 24th September. :smile:

Latest