The Student Room Group
Yes, have regular conversations with English people. Learn tongue twisters.
Reply 2
Lover's Knot
Yes, have regular conversations with English people. Learn tongue twisters.

But I don't live in the UK :hmmm:
Speak english loads with other people. The foreign guys I know who go to my school who are outgoing end up with much better pronunciation than the ones who don't speak to anyone much, and it actually improves their general english too (like grammar etc).
Butterflyleg

Yes but you have mobile phones to communicate with English people? :p: Get chatting to someone on the phone reguarly.
Reply 5
Watch the BBC.
Repeat after them.

You will not only learn English, but you will learn a decent accent :biggrin:
Reply 6
Teaddict
Watch the BBC.
Repeat after them.

You will not only learn English, but you will learn a decent accent :biggrin:

Yeah, BBC accent is :awesome: :sogood:
Butterflyleg

You don't live in Germany either. :hmmm:
Reply 8
Lover's Knot
You don't live in Germany either. :hmmm:

Haha, indeed. I live in Poland.
Reply 9
Record yourself saying some words, play them back and keep trying until you get them right.
Broderss
Record yourself saying some words, play them back and keep trying until you get them right.

I tried :biggrin:

But I'm biased :sigh:
Butterflyleg
Haha, indeed. I live in Poland.

Oh wow, I knew a hungarian girl once who I used to work with and she loved the English language when she came to stay here, consequently she learnt it really fast, within 3 months of knowing her, her English improved alot, fluent to the point where you couldnt tell she was a foreigner :p:

So yeah, it won't take you long to learn proper pronounciation if you have a liking to the language. And you'll adapt a particular accent.

Reminiscing back though, I think I helped her alot with the language because we used to talk alot and she didnt usually talk in English to anyone else. :biggrin:
Butterflyleg
But I don't live in the UK

Join the Skype thread?
-WhySoSerious?
Join the Skype thread?

Skype thread on TSR? Where?
Reply 14
Butterflyleg
Skype thread on TSR? Where?

PM me your skype name...

I will teach you!
:mmm:
Butterflyleg
Ok, so I don't really know where to put this thread but my IELTS exam is coming up soon and my English pronunciation is horrible. I know how to pronounce words but I can't do it right. I've even bought a book about it and I just wasted my money :facepalm:

Do you know how can I improve my pronunciation skills? Helppppp :colondollar:

As people have said Skype, or Livemocha - you can submit audio of you reading a ;arge number of set texts and native/fluent speakers will give you tips (and perhaps record themselves saying it to help you even more).

Latest

Trending

Trending