The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I did average in the exam, really could have done a lot better without the mistakes. It was a pretty odd paper, totally different from the past papers I did. I was hoping they would test on knowledge, as I knew most of the stuff, but to me a lot of the questions seemed like trick questions.
Also the check box question made no sense.
Reply 2
i thought it was okay. bit of an odd one, but it was alright i guess. i think i got the end calculations right though cs everyone seemed to have got the same but it took me a few minutes to realise what I had to do. i got 0.42 for the first calculation and then 0.021 I think for the second calculation(on the last page).
Wait 'til you get to A-level; you'll **** yourselves.

Spoiler

Reply 4
hey guys,

um i did my exam also today,

but..

i think i sat a different paper (although it was AQA)

my questions were on the menstral cycle and adaptation.

what is going on...

i think im confused.
Reply 5
DWClark
Do you mean the question where we had to tick why it would be better for humans to eat the soya beans instead of trout?

That was quite hard, but I think I went for something like 'trout lose energy through respiration' and something else about trout. Soya beans losing energy wouldn't make any difference because we're eating them anyway. I may have been wrong!

I think it went alright, the first question with the pyramid seemed shockingly easy, but I liked the genetic diagram - nice and simple :biggrin:

ooh that's what i ticked too :p: i think the second one i ticked was something about soya beans but not the point you mentioned.
Reply 6
Sheo
i thought it was okay. bit of an odd one, but it was alright i guess. i think i got the end calculations right though cs everyone seemed to have got the same but it took me a few minutes to realise what I had to do. i got 0.42 for the first calculation and then 0.021 I think for the second calculation(on the last page).

Woo hoo, thats what i got :P
Yeah i personally found the exam fairly easy apart from the seaweed question :|
Reply 7
nebby
hey guys,

but..

what is going on...

i think im confused.

Was yours multiple choice?
If yes then you either did b1a or b1b
Reply 8
GunnerArshavin
I found the last pages very difficult , did not know what to do . And I also made a mistake on the cystic fibrosis ratio :frown:

I learnt the work really well before aswell, but really disappointed. Hope the grade gets upscaled by alot

did you not get a 1/4?

yeah I learnt a lot of the stuff for biology 1 when i took that but i think the best think to do is to go through as many past papers as possible because so much is repeated in each paper. so the key is past papers!
Reply 9
nebby
hey guys,

but..

what is going on...

i think im confused.

you must have done aqa unit 1 because that's where all those topics come in.

how did you do in that paper? I resat mine so I get what your on about.:p:
Sheo
did you not get a 1/4?

yeah I learnt a lot of the stuff for biology 1 when i took that but i think the best think to do is to go through as many past papers as possible because so much is repeated in each paper. so the key is past papers!

I got 1:4 , but my friends all said it was 3:1 . And then my teacher said it probably was 3:1 .

Im really disappointed in myself :frown:
Reply 11
sam43
Woo hoo, thats what i got :P
Yeah i personally found the exam fairly easy apart from the seaweed question :|

urgh i hated that question. i didn't know the answers to half of it.

like why would it float to the top? :confused: for sunlight or what? :/
Sheo
you must have done aqa unit 1 because that's where all those topics come in.

how did you do in that paper? I resat mine so I get what your on about.:p:

I retook it aswell, the lichen and the hormone monitor questions were confusing :s-smilie: .

You know for the beginning , the adaptations I wrote were:

Small surface area to volume to reduce heat loss.

and the other was thick fur to trap air for insulation.

Would that be right ?
livvyyy
Hi, I'm new here. I /think/ i'm allowed to discuss this because it is not an edexcel GCSE... Please let me know if it isn't allowed.

Anyways, did anyone else do this exam? I thought it was easy enough. I didn't like the calculation question at the end though :s-smilie:

cant discuss the edexcel bio 2. Its not been conducted yet!
Sheo

I wrote Oxygen is produced :o:
Reply 15
hey guys,

thanks for clearing that up.

mine wasnt multiple choice but i think that is was a B1 module.

Sheo

I guessed that when the seaweed photosynthesises and produces oxygen as a by product, the oxygen got trapped beneath the disc of seeweed. roflrofl, i just realised how wrong i am.
I think I got an A on B1 and an A on B2 .

Going to retake them in June , really want an A* :frown: . Extra workload , as I have B3 to do aswell :O:

Have to prepare for my Chemistry for monday , C1 and C2 to do
Reply 18
i diidd the test too todayy .... i thought it was okayy but i found the seaweed one abit hardd :/ which kinda sucks ... what did you guys get for the carbon cycle onee ??
I am not able to do those Experiment questions , I am good on the theory work , but the experiment questions always confuse me and I end up getting mistakes.

Latest