The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
GunnerArshavin
I wrote Oxygen is produced :o:

i wrote because the plant is photosynthesising..a complete guess :eek3:
GunnerArshavin
I am not able to do those Experiment questions , I am good on the theory work , but the experiment questions always confuse me and I end up getting mistakes.

Ummm, this thread is talking about Unit 2. I think your doing Unit 1a and 1b, as you mentioned. :s-smilie:
Awesomesauce
Ummm, this thread is talking about Unit 2. I think your doing Unit 1a and 1b, as you mentioned. :s-smilie:

I done both , as I retook unit 1 aswell.
Oh godd.. :/

really scared abouthow it went... not sure if i did well or not :s-smilie:
wanna be a doctor so im aiming for A*s and i worked SO hard for it, but think i may have messed up :frown: :frown:

for the carbon cycle one I put that detrivitous feeders start the process of decay and microorganisms ie bacteria help decompose the body too. Then i put carbon was released back into the air after respiration as carbon dioxide ... think thats right :smile:

completely didnt get the seaweed floating question though :frown: how many marks was it ?

or the question about light intensity and enzymes... i got it the wrong way round and thought that sugar was insoluable for some stupid reason :frown: :frown: crap, and i thought i was doing it all right in the exam :frown: so scared now

what did you get for the diabetes question about joining the lines for treatment??
Reply 24
ratio question... was there a ratio question on unit 2? O_o
and the floating disks thing, i put 'because they are less dense' oh god, i've failed. and i got an A* in the mock. does anyone know what the grade boundries will be (approx) ?
How much revision has everyone been doing?
Reply 26
hi can any help on how you got 0.42, i don't remember what i done, or what the question was
Reply 27
yes, i got 0.42, but then i totally messed up the next calculation.
GunnerArshavin
I found the last pages very difficult , did not know what to do . And I also made a mistake on the cystic fibrosis ratio :frown:

im sorry but what cystic fibrosis ratio?? I remember the one about draw a genetic diagram, something about how could this couple have a baby with cystic fibrosis :s-smilie: but not a ratio :s-smilie:

what did the ratio q say :frown: ??
Reply 29
how did you get that
Reply 30
what did you put for the question about why should you take 5 eggs not 1? (the cystic fibrosis one) or somthing like that.
Reply 31
i put there is more variety to choose from
livvyyy
what did you put for the question about why should you take 5 eggs not 1? (the cystic fibrosis one) or somthing like that.

wasnt the question,, describe the advantages and disadvantages of screening the embryos?? not why they should take 5 eggs rather than 1 ?? :s-smilie: :frown:
Reply 33
no, there was one about taking 5 eggs. i think it was a 1 mark question.
What did you put for the question about: Why did they wait until the 5th seaweed to float instead of the 10th seaweed to float?
Reply 35
can som1 tell me how they got 0.42, im confused HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO! :s-smilie:
mu3icxbabee
im sorry but what cystic fibrosis ratio?? I remember the one about draw a genetic diagram, something about how could this couple have a baby with cystic fibrosis :s-smilie: but not a ratio :s-smilie:

what did the ratio q say :frown: ??

Ratio? I don't recall any ratio question... Although the ratio of having the disorder was 1/4.
Also for the question about where amalyse was produced, I wrote pancreas and liver, liver was a guess, is it right?
Reply 37
I got that the disc floats because it contains stomata :smile:
And I said using 5 eggs is more reliable, as some eggs may be killed, seemed legit :smile:
Reply 38
Awesomesauce
What did you put for the question about: Why did they wait until the 5th seaweed to float instead of the 10th seaweed to float?

that they could finish the experiment sooner:eek: it sounds like its wrong, but it's all i could think of.
Reply 39
livvyyy
that they could finish the experiment sooner:eek: it sounds like its wrong, but it's all i could think of.

Haha I agree, it is less time consuming I said :smile:

Latest