The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Newcastle definitely, but I am biased a little bit cos im doing law there now.
both good unis but you will have alot more fun in newcastle,, alot safer compared to Leeds too!! I know a girl who is doing law and friench, she seems to be enjoying it.
Reply 2
I'd choose Newcastle, but I know that my cousin who went to Leeds is doing very well for himself.
Reply 3
Newcastle is such a great place, I'd go there in an instant if it wasn't 6 hours away and people didn't stereotype me as a 'posh Southern b*tch'.

Seriously, though, I've only been to New'astle a coupla times but I loved it (and this is coming from a London lover). People are just so friendly and down to earth (in general), and you've all the benefits of a city, but not to the same colossal and sometimes overwhelming extent as found in London, for example.

When I went there a few months ago I bought a cappucino in Nero's, and the barrista was so nice that he gave me a loyalty card and stamped all of the boxes so that I could get a free coffee next time. You're probably wondering why I'm telling you this irrelevant story, but all I'm trying to say is that Newcastle is a lovely place itself and in terms of its people.

Unfortunately I have no idea about the Law courses - my insurance uni is Northumbria (which is sort of opposite Newcastle Uni) - so I know a bit about that, but nothing on Newcastle itself. And I've never been to Leeds, so... you know... I suppose I've spent 4 paragraphs saying what could be said in 5 seconds and is probably totally useless to you... but that's me I guess.

Anyway, I'd say Newcastle 100%. If I was me, I'd ignore me though. I'm tired.
Do you have any idea whether you would prefer Law and French or Law w/ French. Perhaps that could help you decide? I was going to do this...but then I changed my mind!
Reply 5
both seem like good options, wat's Leed's grade requirements?
Reply 6
grade requirements are AAA for both unis, although i think u will get in to newcastle with AAB, they have only put their grades up this year.
newcastle law school is a separate building also has its own library, so you will get to know alot of people within weeks, this year all first years will have a mentor who will be a second or a third year, so lots of help available. the law society is quite active,,last year we had few really good socials including one with the medics(bitter rivals-lol),, good stuff
if u need any more info PM me

Latest

Trending

Trending