The Student Room Group
Reply 1
no
No, however a friend of mine last year. His tutor let it slip that he applied for oxford in his reference which when other unis saw it, it seemed to affect his offers.
Also they tend to get suspicous when you talk about PPE in your personal statement but have applied for History/Politics at their uni.
Reply 3
no
Yes. They find out your choices once they all get back to you.
UCAS:
Reply 5
Not until you've had all your offers or made your decision. Then they can see.
Usually they might be able to guess if you apply before the Oxbridge deadline, otherwise, no they don't at the time of making you an offer.
They can see the other courses, but not the unis.
microfatcat
Usually they might be able to guess if you apply before the Oxbridge deadline, otherwise, no they don't at the time of making you an offer.

this
microfatcat

i agree but you could just apply to Oxbridge early. and then add the other uni's as it goes after the deadline or whatever; and people at my college done this
Prussianking666
No, however a friend of mine last year. His tutor let it slip that he applied for oxford in his reference which when other unis saw it, it seemed to affect his offers.

The other universities would have known he applied to Oxford because Oxbridge applicants have to apply early.
Anonymous0155
i agree but you could just apply to Oxbridge early. and then add the other uni's as it goes after the deadline or whatever; and people at my college done this

True, I forgot that was possible and don't know anyone who did that.
Reply 12
Nouvelle vague
The other universities would have known he applied to Oxford because Oxbridge applicants have to apply early.

You can add your other four choices afterwards, don't have to send off all 5 at same time.

Latest

Trending

Trending