The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I m in exactly the same situation as u Rober602...didnt get an offer in Jan and got two 1s in step 2&3 this summer...
I sent my result to the admissions in Cambridge and got quite a lot of positive feedback about reapplying next year....They seem impressed by the grades and one letter even starts with: no selection process is anywhere near perfect....(means that they do admit it's their fault not giving out offers to truely capable people who deserve a place)......
However, i chose not reapplying next year simply because i dont think it's worth taking a year out when nothing is planned yet...and maths is something could be forgotten fairly quickly without enough daily practicing...so math-lated jobs is desirable however difficult to find....
and as the director of studies from a Cambridge college(cant remember which one....i must have got about 20 letters back..i m very impressed by the efficiency of them at this busy time of the year): not going to cambridge is not the end of the world..u r more than welcome to come back to do the part3 or Phd)
best of luck
rebecca

Latest