The Student Room Group

AQA Science Marks

Hi.

I'm in Year 11 and did AQA Core Science last year and am doing Additional Science this year. I got a B in Core Science and am re-sitting my Chemistry exam (this is the one I did worst in) to try and get an A.

I want to know what mark do you need to get an A in the Chemistry exam? I have Core and Additional Chemistry exams on Monday, so preferably the mark for both papers.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Hey. So I think the general rule is 90% for an A*, 80% for and A, 70% for and B and so on... However these grade boundries do change depending on how hard the paper is: if its really hard they'll be lower and visa versa. Go for as many marks as possible! lol

Good luck on monday :smile: x
Thanks for the help. And I think I'll need the luck. Lol :-p
Reply 3
In UMS marks it's 90 for A*, 80 for A and so on. But the way they work out the UMS differs each year. Last June when I did my Core Science you only had to get 37/45 to actually get 100 UMS marks, so it all depends.
Reply 4
The above is correct. Please see here:

http://web.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_ums.php
I'm not sure of the specifics but I know it does vary a lot from exam to exam. But I think they are similar to what other people have said.
Reply 6
Perhaps there will be less variation now that there is a mandate to ensure the exams will become more challanging. I think this will include some extended response questions, which should help to differentiate more effectively between candidates than at present.
Thank you all for your help. I'm guessing that the best solution to the problem is just to revise and try and get as many marks as I can.

Latest