The Student Room Group

help please

hello, me and my friend are currently on a gap year, and she has applied to uni this year and has recieved a conditional offer , but we have already completed our alevels and will no longer be taking anymore exams so there will be no more ucas points on top of what we already have. Shes 20 points away from her offer , does any one of u kno why they have made a conditional offer if shes got all the grades , is there any chance she can get in . Any help will be much appreciated :smile:
i_love_lamp89
hello, me and my friend are currently on a gap year, and she has applied to uni this year and has recieved a conditional offer , but we have already completed our alevels and will no longer be taking anymore exams so there will be no more ucas points on top of what we already have. Shes 20 points away from her offer , does any one of u kno why they have made a conditional offer if shes got all the grades , is there any chance she can get in . Any help will be much appreciated :smile:

It may be that the offer is the standard one for the course, and that the uni in question hasn't considered the specific situation here. The best course of action would just be to call the uni, explain the situation and ask how strictly the conditions of the offer apply. Potentially they could be able to revise the offer if they're happy with the grades as they currently stand.
Yeah the best thing is to get in contact with the uni. I had to do it because I got an offer with requirements I could'nt actually get. I'm doing a btec national certificate and I got a merit in the 1st year and they made it that I needed 2 distinctions so I got in contact and they lowered it so I just needed a distinction and a merit. So yeah get in contact with the uni :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending