Scroll to see replies

explain..
Reply 2
lol
Reply 3
It's all about the MA (Oxon). :awesome:
Reply 4
BRB
Assuming you mean the BMedSham from Nottingham?

Not worth the same thing - BMedSci is only worth 2 points, regardless of degree class, when applying for foundation years, whereas a first class BSc would net you 6 points.

BMedSci is only worth 2 if it's part of your usual course. If you intercalate and get that (I'm not sure if anywhere does that though) and it extends your course by a year, then it's worth the same as a BSc or BA (which I have).
I think Sheffield's intercalation is a BMedSci? Not certain though.
Reply 6
ook i think i understand

so that means a BMedsci at Nottingham is worth less than a BMedsci at Birmingham (if you took a year out) and that a BMedsci at Birmingham or any other place (except Nottingham) has the same value as a BSc at Imperial (for example)
Slightly off topic but what would a distance learning degree be worth? I mean say you did a BSc via distance learning and got a 1st, would this carry as much weight as an intercalated degree?
Jules65
ook i think i understand

so that means a BMedsci at Nottingham is worth less than a BMedsci at Birmingham (if you took a year out) and that a BMedsci at Birmingham or any other place (except Nottingham) has the same value as a BSc at Imperial (for example)

I think that Imperial has BMedSci as well...not sure though!
Reply 9
Hydromancer
I think that Imperial has BMedSci as well...not sure though!
Most places offer BSc and BMedSci intercalation options; degrees in different subjects to the same level have different titles.

For example; Biomedical Sciences might come with a BSc but Medical Education might come with as BMedEd and Community Health Science might come as BMedSci.

Nottingham's is different because it's a core part of their course and not an intercalation - it's like getting a degree for doing half of fourth year at any other school.
Reply 10
Warrior King
Slightly off topic but what would a distance learning degree be worth? I mean say you did a BSc via distance learning and got a 1st, would this carry as much weight as an intercalated degree?

yes.
Reply 11
nottingham's Bmedsci in its most candid form allows you to intercalate an Msc or PhD in less time than it takes elsewhere.
Gizmo!
yes.

Thanks.
Reply 13
Does anyone know how much a masters is worth compared to a BSc degree?
Reply 14
Southampton now have the same course as Nottingham.

aSian_cUtY
Does anyone know how much a masters is worth compared to a BSc degree?

Masters is worth equivalent to a 2:1 Bsc (small bone of contention there) :mad:
Reply 15
Sarky
I think that's based on the normal BSc followed by MSc route. You get your points for a BSc and then you get your points for a masters on top of that. Although that does disadvantage those (few) who do an intercalated masters without a separate bachelors degree.

(My memory may be failing me though, I didn't spend an awful lot of time looking at that part of the form)
Reply 16
Sarky
Southampton now have the same course as Nottingham.

aha.. but.

inte Bscs usually arent job related.

mscs are directly job related.

my msc rehab that i'm working towards will be enitirely relevant to the Rehab Medicine post that I am working towards, far more than any 2.1 Bsc - therefore the Msc as the edge over a bsc in job terms, for its ......greater specificity.
Reply 17
i ope renals not rite!
Reply 18
How much longer do you have to do if you want to convert your Bsc into an MSc?
Reply 19
well an msc is a one year course at best, macca, if you check prospecti.

you gotta ask yourself why you are asking the length of the course, rather than asking about a specific topic to study.

Latest

Trending

Trending