The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just wondering whether you think that If someone can't get on the BCL, they should go for the LLM?

I'm currently doing a dual degree at King's. I didn't apply to Oxbridge for undergrad and chose to go King's to do their English Law and French Law course in conjunction with the University of Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne. I'm currently on a good 2.1 and simply need to pass in Paris to end up with a 2.1 degree. Getting a first is notoriously difficult in Paris, so I doubt I will get one. This puts the BCL out of my reach. Thus, do you think I should go for the LLM at Cambridge or not bother with masters at all?
Reply 21
LauraWalker
No trusts law, conflicts or evidence. However, I still might get into the BCL and I am sure I'll be happy at Camb.

I'm not sure when you plan to take a masters, but Cambridge is planning to start an Advanced Trusts course some time soon (and Cambridge has some excellent equity lawyers at the moment) and the conflicts course (International Civil Litigation) is only suspended for two years.

Just do your undergraduate degree at Cambridge: then you can do an excellent conflicts course in your final year!
Too late, I am already a univeristy of Hull LLB. I expect it would have been amazing to do undergrad at camb.
:wink:
Oh unless any one wants to sponsor me to do another law degree he he

Latest

Trending

Trending