The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

South Kensington's nice
Reply 2
South Kensington is :love:
Avoid the less well-connected areas rather than the so-called rough ones. The West End is by far the roughest place in London.

I probably wouldn't really live out in Hackney or anywhere south because it takes an age to get into town from there.
Reply 4
brixton, peckham, lewisham.

chelsea-kensington-westminster area, greenwich.
Hampstead is BEAUTIFUL
Reply 6
Wimbledon...nice and affordable compared to central.

Avoid Brixton like the plague...haha
Reply 7
Notting Hill, around Holland Park (not where the council houses are). Camden is quite nice, as is Oakley street.
Reply 8
This might be a short thread
Reply 9
rockrunride
Avoid the less well-connected areas rather than the so-called rough ones. The West End is by far the roughest place in London.

I probably wouldn't really live out in Hackney or anywhere south because it takes an age to get into town from there.

I would say the West End is my favourite area of London. St Jame's, Covent Garden, Soho, and Mayfair are simply beautiful and well connected areas. They are all within walking distance to UCL, KCL, and SOAS to boot.
Richmond? Although some class that as Surrey so...
Pinner, Ruislip, Hatch End, Golders green if you're talking suberbs.
Barking, hmmmmmmm, laaaaaahvely.
Reply 13
veggie4life
Pinner, Ruislip, Hatch End, Golders green if you're talking suberbs.
"suberbs" is that coded for weed-growing areas . . . Brixton & Earls Court?
Reply 14
Islington
Mille End.
Reply 16
ghanglish

Avoid Brixton like the plague...haha

Lol we're in Brixton at the minute and really like it :biggrin: this is only arising because the flats are supposedly going to be turned into something else in May.

Agree with everyone on the South Kensington front but its quite expensive. Fulham/ West Ken seem to be a lot cheaper, and my mother used to live in West Ken and it was nice and I've visited friends there and so on- but do they have some really rough areas in Fulham/West Ken?? Cause rental prices online are dramatically different from South Ken. BUT I guess pricing could just reflect the fashionable areas.

In an ideal world I'd like somewhere in Clapham or Battersea but you seem to get more bang for your buck in other areas.
Reply 17
Surrey Quays/Canada Water, if you can bear to go south of the river. It's a bit dead socially, but it's got good shops nearby, good transport and is very safe. Plus much more affordable than many of the other nice places mentioned!

Clapham is also pretty cool, more fun places to go but probably less safe.
West London or south west London.
Reply 19
My sister lives in Islington & she loves it there, lots of shops nearby, well connected thanks to the victoria line - you're in Oxford Circus in 15 mins including walking from her flat. It's a lot safer than people think too. It's a tad expensive though.

Latest

Trending

Trending