The Student Room Group

AQA Business *New Spec* (BUSS3) Unit 3: Monday 25th of January

Scroll to see replies

If ive applied for a uni and been conditionally accepted, what does that mean in terms of if I dont get my predicted grade for business ( im studying business management ). I was predicted an A but I think a B is by far the more realistic as I am rubbish at exams!
Reply 81
assassin231
If ive applied for a uni and been conditionally accepted, what does that mean in terms of if I dont get my predicted grade for business ( im studying business management ). I was predicted an A but I think a B is by far the more realistic as I am rubbish at exams!

Depends on what the conditional requirements are, does it specificaly say that you need an A in Busines in UCAS?
Reply 82
assassin231

It depends what your offer is. If getting a B would mean your overall grades would be below your offer then they would either reject you, offer you another course with a lower grade requirement or let you on the course anyway.

The main determinant of which they would choose would hinge on which university and the course the offer is from. Most of the 'top' universities would most likely refuse you point blank if you didn't get the grades (especially considering the application increases this year), however other less competitive universities may be more lenient.
ive applied for manchester business school, cardiff, exeter, newcastle and surrey which aren't top TOP unis but they are still pretty good. I just looked and it said they want minimum of 240 ucas points it doesnt specify a particular grade so I might have to just wait and see :s-smilie:
Reply 84
assassin231
ive applied for manchester business school, cardiff, exeter, newcastle and surrey which aren't top TOP unis but they are still pretty good. I just looked and it said they want minimum of 240 ucas points it doesnt specify a particular grade so I might have to just wait and see :s-smilie:

I'd say Manchester, Cardiff and Exeter would probably be strictest on grades. I don't think many universities do specify that they want certain grades in certain subjects and so you may be able to get a higher grade in something else.

It might also be worth emailing each university that you are worried about - you can't lose out from doing so and they will probably be able to give you a general idea of their whether they'd let you in with lower grades than offered.
true, I am considering manchester as my first option so I may email them tonight. Thanks!
Reply 86
Then you just need minimum three C grades (one C gives you 80 UCAS points) for your A levels, but obviously you want to get higher grades !! So just aim to do the best you can so if you want to get an A in business, then aim towards it.
Reply 87
If I get a C or above. I'll be happy :biggrin: Not sure how well I will do, I have not revised a huge deal.
Reply 88
So, what topics does everyone hope come up/don't come up?

I hope they don't ask about innovation or employer/employee relations but would love an investment appraisal, economies of scale or something to do with market analysis :smile:
Reply 89
Is there anyone else doing the OCR Biology paper at the same time? 2hrs and 45 mins in same exam room and the information I need to remember is a joke! Sign me up for the retake :frown:
whats everybodys essay structures for the 10, 18 and 34 mark questions?
Clare.123
Is there anyone else doing the OCR Biology paper at the same time? 2hrs and 45 mins in same exam room and the information I need to remember is a joke! Sign me up for the retake :frown:

i have an edexcel bio exam at the same time, I get to kill two birds with one stone:smile:
Reply 92
Adam92
So, what topics does everyone hope come up/don't come up?

I hope they don't ask about innovation or employer/employee relations but would love an investment appraisal, economies of scale or something to do with market analysis :smile:

ahaha..dude that is the easiest part of whole unit 3...I hope that comes up and not any of the other parts!! xD

P.S I am not ready for ****!
Clare.123

Me :'( Not looking forward to either.

I hope nothing about critical path analysis comes up, too much of a boring concept/chapter for me to be arsed looking over.

Although I do hope the questions involve employee/employer relations, hard + soft hr strategies, investment apprasial, ratio analysis and location.
Reply 94
YorkshireRepublicanRebel.

For 10 marks I use a Definition, one point for and one point against depending on the depth of the question

For 18 I use Definition, 2 points for and against and I evaluate in the concluding paragraph

For 34 it's Definition, 3 points for and 3 points against and then a fully justified recommendation
YorkshireRepublicanRebel.

I'm going for:

10 mark - Definition, 1 point for, 1 against and an evaluation. And getting the technical part right :wink:

18 mark - Definition, 3 for, 3 against and an evaluation.

34 mark - Doesn't require a definition, 6 points for, 6 points against with justification, then an evaluation/conclusion with full justification and using 2 more points that I haven't previously written to back up the conclusion.

:smile:
Sakura-Chan
I'm going for:

10 mark - Definition, 1 point for, 1 against and an evaluation. And getting the technical part right :wink:

18 mark - Definition, 3 for, 3 against and an evaluation.

34 mark - Doesn't require a definition, 6 points for, 6 points against with justification, then an evaluation/conclusion with full justification and using 2 more points that I haven't previously written to back up the conclusion.

:smile:

where are you gona get the time to do that?
Presidential
where are you gona get the time to do that?

It's do-able, only just. I've managed it in my mock and got 33/34 for the last question. Like in the pre-release, it was a lot easier if you went through and coded things for/against Romania, for/against UK so you don't lose time re-reading the whole thing and the appendices.
Sakura-Chan
It's do-able, only just. I've managed it in my mock and got 33/34 for the last question.

jheeze lol I gona try 3 points per argument maybe, how many pages was your mock one?
Reply 99
Ooh quick question actually, when stating something from the case study should you put it in quotation marks and just blend it into whats written or just refer to it like 'for example in the case study...'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending