The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Jonty99
True in this specific example, but your post made it sound as if you considered anyone doing 5 A Levels as a smarmy swot.

"If I were an admissions tutor and I saw you'd taken two unnecessary A levels, I'd reject you for being a smarmy swot." I highly doubt if you were an admissions tutor, you'd have read his TSR post. So, it sounded like you said "anyone applying to medschool with 5 A Levels is a smarmy swot".

Which is a bit unfair I think.

I don't think that :smile:
Reply 21
Democracy
If I were an admissions tutor and I saw you'd taken two unnecessary A levels, I'd reject you for being a smarmy swot.

Besides, there are other factors involved too, it's not just about grades...

im with democracy on this one.. I'm not sure it's advantageous - it proves you're a geek.. not a good applicant - go and do other usefull stuff instead..
Reply 22
Like everyone has said, 5 A levels will not give you any extra advantage over someone with 3 A levels. Only us students find it impressive because we can empathise the gruelling hard work behind doing them. :p: But admission tutors see a whole range of applicants with a different number of A levels, and so it doesn't really matter.

I would only say do it if you sincerely enjoy the subjects and you feel you can handle doing 5. People in my college have started off doing 5 or more and then realise they couldn't cope with that many and so dropped one or two subjects. Know your limits. You'll be already very busy doing other things anyway!
Reply 23
At my interview, on of the first questions I was asked was 'So, why do you do so many A levels (5)'.... they didn't seem too keen on the idea!
James2009
At my interview, on of the first questions I was asked was 'So, why do you do so many A levels (5)'.... they didn't seem too keen on the idea!

I was asked this too! (not at imperial, but at other med school interviews)
Reply 25
najeezy
thats why ure not an admissions tutor. mr.debat0r :redface:

well, no, in fact.

hes not an admissions tutor becos he chooses not to be one.

you're not a medstudent though.
Reply 26
Gizmo!
well, no, in fact.

hes not an admissions tutor becos he chooses not to be one.

you're not a medstudent though.

ROFL

even if he did choose, he doesnt have a medical degree to do so nor the age, and even then he will have to apply to the uni..... etcc..

GTFO

p.s. how do you know im not a med student? :redface: :eek3:
Reply 27
najeezy
ROFL

even if he did choose, he doesnt have a medical degree to do so nor the age, and even then he will have to apply to the uni..... etcc..

GTFO seeing as the vast majority of admissions staff ARENT medically qualified, this GTFO comment of yours is pretty appropriate for yourself.

Latest

Trending

Trending