The Student Room Group

Help with CONTRACT LAW assignment

Hey guys, i've never studied law before but one of my modules in my new class is on business law. I have been given this assignment, for which i would be grateful if you could advise me on what kind of laws to look into to carry my argument forward effectively.

On the 1st June, Andrew offers to sell Brenda a painting by Monet. He asks for a reply by recorded delivery post to reach his London Gallery by 8th June. On 2nd June Brenda goes on holiday. On 4th June Brenda faxes an acceptance to Andrew’s home address, unaware that Andrew is staying at his mother’s for the week. On 5th June, having received an offer from Claire to buy the Monet, Andrew sells it to her and posts a letter of revocation to Brenda’s home address. The letter of revocation is delivered on 6th June. On 7th June Brenda sees an item in the newspaper which reports that it is strongly rumoured that Andrew has sold his Monet to Claire. Brenda immediately writes and posts a letter of acceptance which she sends by recorded delivery to the London Gallery. On the 8th, Brenda returns home from holiday and reads Andrew’s letter of revocation. On the 9th, Andrew receives Brenda’s letter of acceptance.

Advise the parties.

many thanks..

Latest

Trending

Trending