The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

infintywhirls
Ahh, jealous. Our school makes us do C2 and C3 together in the summer. Good luck with your results guys, would make my life so much less stressful if we did this exam today. :]

Well I did my C2 and C3 straight after each other on monday and I made loads of stupid mistakes on the first paper and I didn't like the C3 paper at all. All in all I did crap and feel like dying :frown:. I'm going to warn you now that your C2 and C3 will be on the same day in June and make sure you revise REALLY well for them, don't leave any last minute revision. I only have P3 and B3 to do in June and then I have my three science GCSE's :woo:
suicidaloverbusiness
oh I really do hope so because I've now realised that i made some silly mistakes which I think will cost me my A*. Oh mannn :banghead:

Same here, it was the smallest mistakes that are now bugging me...
Ninja Student
Same here, it was the smallest mistakes that are now bugging me...

Yeah but those small mistakes for me lead to the entire answer being totally wrong - ESPECIALLY the last two questions. I'm seriously dying over this because I honestly don't think I'm going to get a good mark.
Reply 63
suicidaloverbusiness
Yeah me too, the stupid moles always confuse me. I have suspicions that I got the last question wrong too because I think I wrote the wrong relative formula mass for the wrong compound. How many marks was the last question...1 or 2?

If I remember correctly the last question about percentage yield was worth 2 marks...
susie_love
If I remember correctly the last question about percentage yield was worth 2 marks...

Was it percentage yield or atom economy?
Reply 65
suicidaloverbusiness
Was it percentage yield or atom economy?

Oh sorreh, atom economy :eek3: Got a little mixed up there...
susie_love
Oh sorreh, atom economy :eek3: Got a little mixed up there...

Yeah I put the wrong desired substance Mr and that's how I lost the marks. I'm really dreading the results especially if the boundaries are something like 35-38.
Reply 67
suicidaloverbusiness
Yeah I put the wrong desired substance Mr and that's how I lost the marks. I'm really dreading the results especially if the boundaries are something like 35-38.

:sadnod: Understood. I'm pretty sure I've got the last two questions right as our teacher obtained a copy of the question paper today and told us what we wanted to know...
But I know I've missed out on a couple of of the stupid one-markers! I didn't like the copper question :s-smilie: Apart from those, I think I've done okay.
Lots of candidates came out saying that the exam was eaaaasy, so I'm scared that the grade boundaries are going to be too high... I want an A* so badly it's unreal :p:
suicidaloverbusiness
Yeah me too, the stupid moles always confuse me. I have suspicions that I got the last question wrong too because I think I wrote the wrong relative formula mass for the wrong compound. How many marks was the last question...1 or 2?

High five \../,

I think it was worth 2 marks.

Physics tomorrow... Most important subject to me, so they better not raise the grade boundaries on that.
Awesomesauce
High five \../,

I think it was worth 2 marks.

Physics tomorrow... Most important subject to me, so they better not raise the grade boundaries on that.

Yeah I hated that question.
I thought it was okay :smile:
Does anyone know when the results are out?
Reply 71
It wasn't too bad, better than Physics (don't do Bio so can't comment). I messed up on the Copper question too, seems like a lot of people may have, which is comforting, rightly or wrongly. I imagine the boundary will be about 33; I'd be shocked if it were higher.
Reply 72
Agreed paperr was sooo much better than past ones.. :smile:
but in past papers grade boundaries have been really low... like low 30s for an A*
soo will probably be higher but thats what they hoped for because 30/45 is a rediculously low a* boundary...
But hopefully will still get the A* whatever happends :smile: Think answers were pretty similar.. :smile:
suicidaloverbusiness
Yeah but those small mistakes for me lead to the entire answer being totally wrong - ESPECIALLY the last two questions. I'm seriously dying over this because I honestly don't think I'm going to get a good mark.

Nope, the marking method they adhere to allows for something called "error carried forward", which means if you make a little mistake (particularly in the calculation questions) but stick to it, then you will be rewarded the same amount of marks, minus one or two for the part you got wrong.
kizstyle
Nope, the marking method they adhere to allows for something called "error carried forward", which means if you make a little mistake (particularly in the calculation questions) but stick to it, then you will be rewarded the same amount of marks, minus one or two for the part you got wrong.

YES! So I'd get at least one mark. Thank you :biggrin:

Oh and well done on that A* in english on your sig.
Cal123
It wasn't too bad, better than Physics (don't do Bio so can't comment). I messed up on the Copper question too, seems like a lot of people may have, which is comforting, rightly or wrongly. I imagine the boundary will be about 33; I'd be shocked if it were higher.

Well that is reassuring because people on tsr were posting boundary marks of 35-38 (which sounds pretty scary because i've made loads of little errors).
Reply 76
Ballyellen
I thought it was okay :smile:
Does anyone know when the results are out?

They'll be out around March-ish time I think :smile:
Hey,

I did this as well.....
Hoping for an A* but got a C in my Mock somehow so am praying it was a rubbishy exam that I did! :-S
I'm doing triple science and did B2, C2 and P2 this/last week and so now am starting work on B,C,P3. Lots of dissection in B3 - YAY!!!!

I thought that the paper was really quite easy in comparison to other ones....apart from the C in my mock, I got 32/45 (A/A*) AND 37/45 (A*) so what did other people think???

I found the heavy hydrogen question really easy - just looked on the data sheet and it told you where the mass/atomic numbers went. Lots of my friends forgot about the data sheet though and started panicking!!!!! :-S
100 Ums :wink:
kizstyle
100 Ums :wink:

REALLY!! wow well done, you know the boundary marks for C2 it was really high this time, instead of needing 34 or 35 for an A* you needed 38 :frown: oh well I still got 93 UMS which I guess is alright since the boundary marks were so high. I also got 93 UMS for C3 which I am ecstatic about because I really only revised last minute. WOOHOO an A* for C3 but I would have got that 100 UMS if the paper wasn't so easy and I made so many stupid mistakes.

Latest

Trending

Trending