The Student Room Group

BUNAC Work Canada

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Hi, I realise I am a bit new to this thread but I picked up a BUNAC brochure at uni today and noticed they are now doing a full placement option (pre-arranged job placement in a ski resort) which saves the hassle of having to find a job on your own! I went with BUNAC to camp and thought they offered a massive amount of help and assistance with getting my visa etc which I am sure will be the same with work canada.
Reply 561
Hi, I've just submitted my application for IEC visa, now the nervous wait to see if I actually got on the quota! I'm thinking of going next September/October, anyone know the best time to go before the ski season, in terms of getting a job and place to stay?
So far I'm planning to just arrive with (hopefully) my work permit and a backpack!
Any advice on best places to go, good hostels etc will be greatly appreciated!
Reply 562
Original post by Pixie11
Hi, I've just submitted my application for IEC visa, now the nervous wait to see if I actually got on the quota! I'm thinking of going next September/October, anyone know the best time to go before the ski season, in terms of getting a job and place to stay?
So far I'm planning to just arrive with (hopefully) my work permit and a backpack!
Any advice on best places to go, good hostels etc will be greatly appreciated!

Fingers crossed for you! I can't believe how far the quota has gone this year.

I actually wrote a post for Moving 2 Canada about this, see here. My blog (in signature below) also has tips.

September/October is the best time, but be prepared to wait it out until the snow comes anywhere between late November - mid December!
Reply 563
Original post by gemini89
Fingers crossed for you! I can't believe how far the quota has gone this year.

I actually wrote a post for Moving 2 Canada about this, see here. My blog (in signature below) also has tips.

September/October is the best time, but be prepared to wait it out until the snow comes anywhere between late November - mid December!

Thanks for the link Gemini. I'm going to have a read of that later!

Me and my friend have both got our conditional acceptance letters :biggrin: We got on the quota in the first round. Both waiting for our police checks to come back then are going to do the my CIC assessment. Everything has gone pretty smoothly so far (touch wood) and we have decided to do this without help of a company. It's a lot easier than I thought it would be and can be done if you do your research.

If we're successful in getting permit we're looking to go out in the winter season of next year. Exciting times :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 564
Thank you Gemini! Luckily I got in the quota!
Had a read of your blog, looks like you've had an amazing time!
I'm thinking of going Whistler, but a few website and threads have said hostel accommodation is hard to come by? Is it best to book somewhere to stay for the first few weeks before I turn up?
Reply 565
Original post by Pixie11
Thank you Gemini! Luckily I got in the quota!
Had a read of your blog, looks like you've had an amazing time!
I'm thinking of going Whistler, but a few website and threads have said hostel accommodation is hard to come by? Is it best to book somewhere to stay for the first few weeks before I turn up?

Well done on getting in! I don't know too much about Whistler, but from I've heard I'd at least book up for a week or more. Competition for accommodation is pretty fierce!

Original post by TheCreed

Me and my friend have both got our conditional acceptance letters :biggrin: We got on the quota in the first round.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!! You're almost there.
Reply 566
I've been looking into this over the last few days and it seems extremely appealing!

I notice that the final round of quotes opened today - how quickly are those spaces expected to fill up? I'm currently indecisive about it all but don't want to wait too long and miss out. I have signed up to Kompass but am yet to submit my application.
Reply 567
I'm thinking of doing BUNAC work Canada for a gap year inbetween a levels and uni. does anyone who's done it before have any comments/advice about it, is it worth doing and worth the money? :smile:
Resurrecting an old topic here but I echo the comments above; I've recently graduated and I fancy working in Canada for a year. The BUNAC deal seems expensive but I'm paranoid about getting there and struggling to find a job, something which BUNAC say they guarantee. I quite like the idea of working on the ski slopes (which BUNAC say they will also hook you up with) but this isn't a necessity. Anyone have any idea how easy it is to find somewhere to stay/ a roomate/ a job when you're over there? I reckon I'd be a bit apprehensive going over with nothing sorted beforehand.

Quick Reply

Latest